Natural Nashville Telecaster

cromulent

My first build.  I went for versatility with a minimalist aesthetic, at least somewhat inspired by both Jimmy Page Dragon Telecaster and Jerry Garcia Alligator Stratocaster.  I am a big fan of all the extra tonal options provided by the Freeway switch, and highly recommend this very simple mod. 

Thanks to everyone for all the help!  Feedback welcome!

One-piece swamp ash body with forearm contour, tummy cut, and custom contoured heel
Clear gloss finish
White gloss pickguard

Quartersawn maple neck (Gibson conversion)
Dark Indian rosewood fretboard
42mm nut width
Wolfgang (asymmetric) profile
9.5" - 14" Compound radius
Ratio locking tuners

Lindy Fralin Blues Special Tele pickups with matching Strat middle pickup (bridge RWRP)
Center-mounted Freeway 10-way switch (SSS Parallel Series Scheme A 1V/1T)
.047uF Orange Drop Tone Cap
Golden Age Treble Bleed Circuit, With .001uF Orange Drop capacitor

Attachments

• whole.jpg
    whole.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 63
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
  • Freeway Tele.jpg
    Freeway Tele.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 58
I dig it! I think a lot of folks on here only oogle at expensive laminate flames, quilts, and esoteric woods and feel that is the pinnacle of guitar building. I bet that guit covers a lot of ground tonally! :icon_thumright:

Keep in mind I am somewhat of a pariah here for expressing occasional opinion instead of blindly "towing the 100% nice" ethos" which after a while is a bunch of lip service. (disclaimer, I also don't think the forum should become a complete bickerfest either as that serves no purpose) Also, respectfully it is Warmoth's show here.

Build what YOU like and be proud of your accomplishment!!

Cool guitar.

You're a pariah??  You're probably my favorite poster here (not that I know many though).

Yeah this wasn't meant to be a pretty guitar.  It's kind of intentionally ugly.  But I just used it on a Hot Rats session and holy shit it smokes.

I dig those pickup choices and the freeway switch.  I'm going to use the same wiring on my next build.  Does it really smoke?

rick2 said:
I dig those pickup choices and the freeway switch.  I'm going to use the same wiring on my next build.  Does it really smoke?

Well, not literally.

My first build. I went for versatility with a minimalist aesthetic, at least somewhat inspired by both Jimmy Page Dragon Telecaster and Jerry Garcia Alligator Stratocaster. I am a big fan of all the extra tonal options provided by the Freeway switch, and highly recommend this very simple mod.

Thanks to everyone for all the help! Feedback welcome!

.047uF Orange Drop Tone Cap
Golden Age Treble Bleed Circuit, Wi

I think it’s a cool looking guitar. It’s what I imagine a studio session guitar looks like :) just curious … how did the 10-way switch fit in the route? I put a 4-way in a tele build and it couldn’t do the full sweep without having to file each side of the slit in the body quite a bit.

I put those LF pickups and the orange drop treble bleed in in too … great choices!

Back