Natural Hard Tail Strat

Pufftones

The original build of this is a few a years old but I just swapped out the pickguard, pickups, and knobs. I don't have all the info because it's been so long since I ordered the body and neck.

Neck:
Maple modern construction
Backward CBS style peghead
Clear satin nitro finish
I believe these are medium jumbo wide frets
I think this is a 9 1/2" radius fretboard
Those last two are based on the fact that I was going for something fairly straightforwardly Fender like

Body:
Swamp ash
Finish - about 30 coats of Minwax that my Dad and I applied in his garage just outside Allentown, PA

Hardware:
Gotoh tuners
Vintage style hardtail bridge
Bare Knuckle Trilogy Suite pickups. The bridge has a zinc baseplate on it.
Black tortoiseshell pickguard and cream knobs

This is my favorite guitar to play that I've ever picked up. Cheer.20221202_125428 (2).jpg20221202_125511.jpg20221202_135030 (2).jpg

How's the trilogy pickups? Based on the name I'd guess they are in the vein of Yngwie.

That's really nice.
My Warmoth Strats are hardtails too...
I went hardtail mostly as a sort of anti-fashion statement. I got the body around 2002-2003. I was in my teens and the world was coming off the tail end of nu-metal. It seemed like everyone had Floyd Rose trems they didn't really use so I figured "I'm gonna have six holes straight through the body and be done with it."

How's the trilogy pickups? Based on the name I'd guess they are in the vein of Yngwie.
They are loud, articulate, very mid range focused in the neck and middle and very twangy in the bridge. Bare Knuckle describe them as being akin to a P-90 packed into a single coil slot. I love them but these are not your daddy's single coils.

I went hardtail mostly as a sort of anti-fashion statement. I got the body around 2002-2003. I was in my teens and the world was coming off the tail end of nu-metal. It seemed like everyone had Floyd Rose trems they didn't really use so I figured "I'm gonna have six holes straight through the body and be done with it.
Yeah, I have 3 guitars with a Floyd (set up for "dive"-only), and I'm over it. I never used it much anyway. Not knocking anyone who actually uses them as part of their style, but having them as a fashion statement is just lame. I really like how monster players like Jake E Lee and Paul Gilbert don't need a whammy bar. I think it's been done to death by Vai, Satriani, EVH, Reb Beach (all some of my favorite players), etc.

Back