NAD - Ampeg PF-500

S

swarfrat

Corona has things running slow but ... I finally bit the bullet and bought an Ampeg PF-500. All I have is a fuzzy pic and a promise, but was looking for the mid-forward ampeg sound in a lightweight head and a compressor built in, and the PF-500 does that for cheap enough used. I'd actually been looking at the Peavey MAX208 until I realized I already had a decent cabinet - it's a sealed 115 I built years ago around an Eminence Delta Pro 15. It's got a 60hz rolloff but it's sealed, so it keeps on going down a few db per octave. Not fallining off a cliff. Regardless, I have a decent cabinet already I realized - I just need an amp to feed it.  It's for home on a budget, but I didn't want to spend the bucks only to have to spend them again in order to take it out of the house.

Can't wait - but I have to.

Dang - its coming tomorrow. I really didn't expect THAT. Looking forward to it!

Well then. Now you don't have to wait. Looking forward to pics when you can.

It's here. It survived the worst packing job ever - one sheet of bubble wrap around an 11lb amp in a box 4x the size of the amp - which arrived crushed, but all works and no visible damage to the amp.

0sySHP8.jpg

It's got the Ampeg sound. Grit is nice - I've never been a huge fan of distorted bass but it can work in some songs. Compressor sounds unobtrusive. Who knows when I'll be able to crank it up. Fan is a touch noisy and annoyingly whiney. But overall I think it's a keeper.

:headbang4:
This has been a fun week - sold my Rondo bass, bought a new bass and a new amp inside of a week. Here's the bass - it's not expensive but it's one I've always wanted - a narrow spaced 5P. I am gonna have to do something about that fan though...
IPk94ly.jpg

Back