My new Strat

rduke

Well it's finally coming together! Due to finances, I've been pecking away at this for a year now.
The project details are:

Body: 
Bought off the showroom.  Chambered Black Korina/Black Korina with black-red-yellow burst fron and back and natural masked binding.
Rear routed for HSS and Floyd Rose tremolo

Neck:
Custom ordered.  Ebony on Maple, no finish.
1-3/4 inch nut
Boat contour
Abalone fret marker
Jumbo 6100 frets
Floyd rose nut shelf         

Sept 16 2011 002 by DN8er, on Flickr[/

Sept 16 2011 003 by DN8er, on Flickr[/img]

Feb 1 Pix 040 by DN8er, on Flickr[/img]

Wow! That's gorgeous! As beautiful as Korina is on its own, I do enjoy seeing an enhancing finish on the stuff. The gold hardware is going to be a very flattering accent as well. Then, mungo frets on Ebony? What could possibly be better than that?

You do know you have to finish that Maple, right? I mean, you could luck out, but I wouldn't count on it. The stuff moves, and never in a good way.

I just finished applying a satin finish on the the neck. See my post over in the DIY finishing section.  I used a can of Stew Mac's ColorTone clear satin nitro aerosol.  Piece of cake!!

You've got lovely Macassar streaks in your fretboard!
That body is pretty nice too.
You won't sell me on the hardware, but I bet it won't look terrible when it's finished.

Thanks!  Yes, regarding the hardware, it was a toss-up between black or the gold.  I felt that the gold would be too much so that's why the  smoked chrome logo sticker.  The jury's still out on that! :dontknow:

Nice looking Body & Neck  :icon_thumright:

Pity you lose Soooooooooooooooooooooooo Much lovely wood  :sad:  just for a Bloody Bulky Arm Rest called a Floyd.  :laughing7:
Please, Dye / Stain / Paint that recess rout.

I didn't know you needed a string bar / tee when using a Locking Nut  :icon_scratch:
You using Locking Tuners too ?

Personally think Black hardware would look great on it, as it would blend with the Black Burst on the body.
Also the Black Tuners would look perfect with that fretboard.
You already have a golden colour down the middle, to contrast with Black hardware.

Of cause it's your guitar thou, just my 0.02c  :rock-on:

Back