My new Soloist

Zep

P1010169.jpg

P1010173.jpg

Specs:
Warmoth Soloist body with Mahogany body and flame Maple top.
Warmoth pro Strat neck with Wizard profile
Official Floyd Rose trem
Dimarzio X2N in the bridge, Dimarzio PAF pro in the neck
Single volume, no tone and mini-toggle wired as a kill switch
The neck is Tung Oiled and the body is finished with Minwax Oil-based Wood stain and clearcoated with spray on shellac.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xx94ZbSJE8E
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TaNM0gLj1tI

:headbang1: ahh shit son!!!!  i been waitin for some more soloists to be posted, but this was more than i bargained for.  that thing is  NICE!!!  it sorta puts me in the mind of a RGA321 which is definitely a good thing....well, minus the maple board and floyd of course.  damm dude you got the X2N in the bridge??  i guess you ready to get charged for sonic assault with that thing, huh? haha

a little too exicited about someone else guitar? maybe......but i'm a big time Ibanez and Dimarzio freak so it's not really my fault... imma shut up and check out that video now....

That guitar so reminds me of my cousins guitars back in the 60's.  It looks like the guitar that when it wasn't being played it was leaning against the amp. never saw the inside of a case, and got new string when the old ones broke, I like it

Nice guitar, I'd like to build a warmoth with the soloist body black korina body, with a koa top, a maple neck with a pau ferro board with abolone inlays. CBS head stock and a 6 screw vintage trem with sperzel locking tuners. Oh yeah 24 frets and no neck pickup. I found out that 6 screw vintage trems aren't half bad once you can get it to stay in tune.

Nice!  It's good to see another soloist build.  I came really close to doing a flame maple carved top soloist (in amber) for my first build.  I've always dreamed of owning/building a Pensa MK style guitar, and that will probably be my next project.

IMO, I think your soloist would look more dignified in a setting without the dirty clothes behind it :)

sundin4prez said:
what did you finish that baby with??

I used Minwax oil based wood stain and spray on shellac.

WarmothRules said:
hey how is that wizard contour? what nut width do you have? also what fret wire?

I love this neck, I went for the wizard profile because I was so used to my Ibanez.  The nut is R4 sized and the frets are 6150 size. 

Does it feel thinner than an Ibanez by any chance?

Zep said:
sundin4prez said:

WarmothRules said:
hey how is that wizard contour? what nut width do you have? also what fret wire?

I love this neck, I went for the wizard profile because I was so used to my Ibanez.  The nut is R4 sized and the frets are 6150 size. 

WarmothRules said:
Does it feel thinner than an Ibanez by any chance?

Zep said:
sundin4prez said:

WarmothRules said:

I think it might be a little thinner, but its definatly wider.  That said the Ibanez is a Korean S370 with a Wizard II neck.

Back