My new Jazzmaster

David

Check out my new Jazzmaster!  The body is Olympic White with an Alpine White racing stripe.  The bridge is a Seymour Duncan Little '59 and the neck is Pearly Gates.  I like the twang of the angled bridge pickup and poles of an angled strat pickup line up perfectly with the humbucker in the neck.  Mixed together they sound real nice.  This is my 6th Warmoth build.  My wife is looking for a 12 step program for me.

jazzmasterpic.jpg

NICE!  :headbang1:

And on a personal note, let me say You Rock! for not using any tone controls. With the right woods & pickups you can get all the tone you'll ever need. In my opinion, the pickup selector is the real tone control.

:kewlpics: :rock-on:

The first few builds I did I spent time wiring up the tone pot, but then between my pedals and amp and pickup selector, I never used it.  I ended up replacing the tone capcitor with Black Ice.  I like things to be simple and clean so now I never include the tone control.  Same thing with tremelos.  I never used them, so now all of my guitars are hardtails.  That is what I love about building Warmoth guitars-- the ability to do that kind of personalization and build something uniquely fits your style.

David said:
The first few builds I did I spent time wiring up the tone pot, but then between my pedals and amp and pickup selector, I never used it.  I ended up replacing the tone capcitor with Black Ice.  I like things to be simple and clean so now I never include the tone control.  Same thing with tremelos.  I never used them, so now all of my guitars are hardtails.  That is what I love about building Warmoth guitars-- the ability to do that kind of personalization and build something uniquely fits your style.

Hell yeah! on not havin ' trems either. When I first started playin' I wanted a Strat more than anything but couldn't afford one. I learned a bunch of little tricks to replicate trem sounds & tricks as best I could. Then when I got a Squier Strat with one it totally sucked. It always went out of tune & didn't sustain like I wanted it to. I pawned that guitar and have been on hardtails ever since. I'll have 4 (possibly 5) Warmoths by the end of the year and they'll all be hardtails. Plus when I think about it alot of my favorite players didn't use trems much or at all.

:rock-on:

Looks really nice.....

I dig the white on white and the subtlety of the stripe :headbang:
How does that 59 sound in the bridges?
Does it have humbucker heft? (fat)

I have always wanted to try that 59 pu in a strat?

unique design!

Kurt

Thanks!  I would say that the little '59 sound is somewhere between a full-sized humbucker and a strat single coil.  I think it is a little brighter and has more twang.  The sound is very clear.  I also have guitars with Seymour Duncan Hot Rail and Cool Rails, but I like the Little '59 best.  The Hot and Cool rails sound a little more sterile to me, if that make sense.

Sweet Jmaster!  I, too really dig the white on white.  Love it!

Nice Axe! No strap buttons? I have the lil 59 and it's just like you described.  Love the clarity of your vision, it's nice to see guitars that are just what you want and nothing more.

Thanks for the nice compliments.  The strap buttons are on order, but I was too impatient to wait for them before posting my picture.  I like the Dunlop Straploks, but Warmoth doesn't carry them....

I'm not normally  fan of white guitar, but that thing is class mate! That stripe looks great. Congrats and enjoy your new instrument!  :hello2:

Back