my new guitar

toronado

I just bought this nice Taylor Solidbody Standard, quite a bargain.
I'm aware of Taylor being known primarily for acoustic guitars, but boy, that thing is one great guitar.

Body and Neck is Sapele (a kind of mahogani from africa afaik), fretboard is Ebony, the Top is called Tamo Ash.
Got this guitar for a price I couldn't resist.  :icon_biggrin:
I hope my GAS will settle down now for a while. Was thinking about building a "Telepaul" with the recently released carved top option, blue dye etc etc. We'll see...

Some pictures, hope you'll enjoy.

riaeip.jpg

29byptl.jpg

iqx6l3.jpg

2a5zrwk.jpg

33uemgi.jpg

Nice top for sure, I've seen some other guitar makers use that particular kind of ash, they refer to it as quilted ash.. Either name it's some beautiful stuff.... :icon_thumright:

Here's a Dean with a quilted ash top...
p43803h-73b4a05c71e07fa03d11212ef81e434a-8031aab207c34c72cf13d2e474453a07.jpg

I really like it!
I have heard good stories about it too, but never touched one..

The detail pics do look good; right in the cutaway and on the side arm bevel. Sleek.

BUT when I see pictures of the whole guitar, I do not like how it all goes together. The shapes don't jive for me.

NonsenseTele said:
Cool! What bridge is this?

It's designed by Taylor. All aluminum.

Max said:
There's some nice attention to detail there.

Yep. The tone control is very cool. The first two-thirds of the knob rotation acts like a traditional tone control. The last third, especially when all the way at the end, starts peaking the mids. Sounds like a fixed Wah-Wah.
The PU-Switch also offers some interesting, unusual voicings, eg. Pos4 (Inside coil of each pickup in series).

Mark O said:
I really like it!
I have heard good stories about it too, but never touched one..

Same here, until I saw it in my local shop.

That is a real beeaauutttty  :glasses9:
I love the top and bridge. 
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

I like it, the body seems to remind me of those chubby girls you see that still have a really nice face, so they're still hot in their own (non-traditional) way.

Mark said:
I like it, the body seems to remind me of those chubby girls you see that still have a really nice face, so they're still hot in their own (non-traditional) way.
The edit button is your friend :p

The quote button doesn't care about edits, though.

Max said:
Mark said:
The edit button is your friend :p

The quote button doesn't care about edits, though.

You know it, too bad real life doesn't have an edit button when talking to people.  :)

I've played several of those. I like them, though not quite as much as the T5.  Good choice though!

Back