My new BM/Goncalo neck!

line6man

Senior member
Messages
6,443
She came today! SO beuatiful!

what do you guys think?

Birdseye Maple with Goncalo Alves fingerboard.
finished in Vintage Tint Gloss.
White Corian Nut.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28212214@N05/
 

line6man

Senior member
Messages
6,443
cool. thanks guys.

the pictures just dont do it justice.

i am sending it out to be epoxied next.

on top of the that beuatiful goncalo, wil be a layer of glass....

i will post pictures of that in a month or so.
 

ocguy106

Senior member
Messages
731
Nice neck but.....I think you should send it back, looks like they fogot to drill about 2 holes  :laughing7:
 

line6man

Senior member
Messages
6,443
ocguy106 said:
Nice neck but.....I think you should send it back, looks like they fogot to drill about 2 holes  :laughing7:

i dont get it.

i wish that warmoth could drill index holes for the tuners though...
whats the difference between them drilling bridge holes for a handful of bridges, and being able to do the same for tuners...
but the guy thats epoxying the bass is going to install tuners for me, so it really doesnt matter..
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,464
line6man said:
ocguy106 said:
Nice neck but.....I think you should send it back, looks like they fogot to drill about 2 holes  :laughing7:

i dont get it.

i wish that warmoth could drill index holes for the tuners though...
whats the difference between them drilling bridge holes for a handful of bridges, and being able to do the same for tuners...
but the guy thats epoxying the bass is going to install tuners for me, so it really doesnt matter..
He ment it should have been a guitar neck not a bass. Very sharp by the way....
 

line6man

Senior member
Messages
6,443
I just got an email with the pictures of my epoxied neck!!!

heres my neck with the epoxy coating:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28212214@N05/sets/72157606353782634/
 

line6man

Senior member
Messages
6,443
i am still getting used to the thought that this neck is actually my own...
i have seen so many truly amazing guitars and basses here and on various places on the internet, things that i would never have dreamed of owning, but this one is MINE!

if any of you guys want a fingerboard epoxied, have Sam Horn of Don't Frettt do it.
as you can see, he does excellent work.
 

Davidh

Active member
Messages
28
Wow that is just about the most beautiful fingerboard I've ver seen!! Awesome...
(I just wonder how long it will stay that shiny when being played?)
 

line6man

Senior member
Messages
6,443
Davidh said:
Wow that is just about the most beautiful fingerboard I've ver seen!! Awesome...
(I just wonder how long it will stay that shiny when being played?)

thanks!

yeah, i think that its going to get covered in fingerprints pretty easily.
and maybe even dust?

i guess that thats the downside of having such a brilliant shine.
but then again, fingerprints show that the bass has actually been used and loved, rather than hung up on the wall for display...
i guess theres a certain kind of beauty to a bass that shows signs of being used as opposed to being perfectly clean and new.
 

line6man

Senior member
Messages
6,443
i got my neck back today!

but the nut was so low (due to the added height of the epoxy coating) that it buzzed like crazy and the E string was hitting into the 2nd fret.
so i had to take the bass down to Sam Ash for the repair guy to raise up the nut and do a full setup.

so its 3 more excruciatingly long days until i can finally play her.

heres a few new pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28212214@N05/
 

SlingBass

Senior member
Messages
609
line6man said:
I guess theres a certain kind of beauty to a bass that shows signs of being used as opposed to being perfectly clean and new.

WORD!

The wait will be soon a memory, and you'll have a gorgeous, unique, and very usable instrument
icon_wink.gif
 
Top