My Half-Warmoth Billy-Bo

RiffWildly

Half-Warmoth because they don't make a Billy-Bo style body. I wish they did, because this third-party body has some neck pocket issues I will need to address. But, at least it will look pretty! Here she is with many coats of amber shellac and three coats of clear nitro lacquer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 55
Looks like fun. Are you dropping P90's in there, or are those Filtertron-clone pickup cavities?

Welcome aboard!

Bagman

Nice. 

IF you don't have a set of pups already selected, permit me to recommend:

I have a set of Roadhouse True Blue P90's I cannot say enough nice things about.  Truly the most responsive pups I have ever owned.  Check'em out.  The winder is Ken Calvet, who goes by TroubledTreble on this here forum - a really nice man.  I don't see the p90's on his website, but he's usually eager to help a player find the sound he's after, and winds 'em custom per order.

http://www.roadhousepickups.com/

And if you already have pickups, well, I don't mind a chance to talk up Ken's wares anyway for anyone else who'll listen.

Peace

Bagman

Nice! I hope mine will look that good.

Thanks for the pickup recommendations, but I've already got a set of Fralins standing by.

Great stuff.  Lindy does great work.  Looking forward to seeing this all come together.

Cool project, I loved building mine. But Unlike your dilemma, I had no issues with mine. I had a guitar maker make mine to my specific spec's. Since the Billy is an odd scale, I redid the dimensions in CAD for 25.5 scale, and it came out perfect.

I do like the looks of yours, the wood and black binding look awesome.. :headbang1:

Back