My Franky Is Ready

mullyman

Mean Street Guitars contacted me this morning that my Franky is ready. Here are the pics he sent me. I'm a bit not too fond of the way the MULLY MAN logo turned out. I had it in my mind that it would be small, like the original, and straight.....like the original. This huge monstrosity just screams "LOOK AT ME!!" I actually wanted something that was there that people wouldn't really notice until they got up on it then they'd get a giggle because it has my name instead of "Music Man".

I'm curious as to what the general consensus around here is on that logo. To be honest, I'd be cool with it not even being on there at all so I won't be offended if anyone suggests that.

Anyway, for now, until I get some better pics of my own, here is my Frankenstein project. Body was grabbed from the showcase. Swampash and it was painted black. Neck was also from the showcase. BEM on BEM. Can't wait to see it up close because the Warmoth pics were awesome!!
MULLY

meanstreetcustompaintmu.jpg

It does seem a little large. But, I imagine you'll get comfortable with it.

Might be easy enough to sand down and reapply a waterslide if you can get somebody to make a custom one. I had somebody off of Ebay do that for me and it turned out great! I still really love the logo. Nice looking guitar!

JaySwear said:
Might be easy enough to sand down and reapply a waterslide if you can get somebody to make a custom one. I had somebody off of Ebay do that for me and it turned out great! I still really love the logo. Nice looking guitar!

Stupid me asked him to put it under the finish. I should have just put a waterslide over the finish like my Warmoth is. That silver Warmoth logo and the clear turtle have been on my headstock for over 2 years and they still look like they were put on yesterday. Nope, I'm a frickin' moron....."put it under the finish". You see, without even thinking about it, I just assumed that he would make the waterslide decal the same size as the Music Man one and would put it on the head like that too. My fault for not thinking that part of it through. One more lesson on never to assume anything.
MULLY

Also, once it's here I'll be adding it to a GOTM contest. I'm sure there are those that probably wouldn't vote for it just on the grounds of what it is. With that said, there are some tricks under the hood there that may at least give them a different image of the guitar itself. We'll see. Surely wouldn't hurt to finally have a VH guitar in the contest.

What category would it go under?
MULLY

mullyman said:
Also, once it's here I'll be adding it to a GOTM contest.

What category would it go under?
MULLY
Ya need pic's 1st    :laughing7:

Ummm .... read #6 + #7 .... http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=15351.0

Looks good man. The logo is a bit large, but I don't find it distracting or out of place. I think I'd vote for this if it's in a GOTM.

MikeW said:
Looks good man. The logo is a bit large, but I don't find it distracting or out of place. I think I'd vote for this if it's in a GOTM.

Thanks, man. Yeah, the logo......it's only distracting to me because I just assumed it would be the same size as an Ernie Ball logo. I'm gonna leave it as is for now. Down the line, if I don't adjust to it, I'll have it taken care of here. Can't wait to get this!!
MULLY

fdesalvo said:
Ol MullyMaster.  I like!  :headbang:

Thank ya, thank ya!! The guy said the action is super low, less than the edge of a quarter, and says it plays great. I'm jonesing hard.
MULLY

Logo looks fine to me, man.  :party07:

I have a guitar from him, too, and I'm very happy with it.

Back