My first Warmoth guitar - All Rosewood Strat

larry333

Greetings,

This is my first post here!
I've been working on my first Warmoth guitar.  It's a 2 piece Warmoth rosewood strat body, Warmoth rosewood neck with rosewood fingerboard, Warmoth pickguard...Gold Schaller tuners, Gold Original Floyd Rose, etc...

I still have some hardware to install and all of the electronics need to be completed, however, things are coming along well I think...

Attachments

• larryguitar01_2012Apr13w.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 116
Welcome aboard  :icon_biggrin:

larry333 said:
I still have some hardware to install and all of the electronics need to be completed, however, things are coming along well I think...

I'll say !!  :blob7:

That looks great  :headbang:  Pure Rock'Roll 

Welcome to the forum! And Wow! Not very often you see whole bodies made of rosewood. That's purty.

Looking great! Is it heavy?

Let's hear about the sound when you get it completed. Humbuckers swimming in a sea of rosewood could be real mean sounding.  :evil4:

Cool stuff.  It's not every day you see a Floyd on a rosewood strat.  Most people tend to go for the more "vintage" thing.  The added touch of the humbuckers really make it quite unique.

What kind of sound and style of music were aiming for?

That'll be killer when you swap in chrome hardware!
or you could match the pups to the rest (i have a pair of these, in X trim, and not gold)
l_9e8499a6f38749a888cc16452e3ea2c6.jpg

I am approaching this project with just ideas of what I'd like to see on a guitar,
with no particular sound in mind, so far...

I mostly have played guitars with a Floyd Rose, so it was a natural choice here, but, I've never had one in gold...

For the neck, I got the GD6150 Gold Color frets, Abalone Face Dots, standard thin profile, and 1 11/16" nut width. 

Luckily, I got the Schaller OEM gold tuners I wanted from Guitar Parts Depot before they closed up shop (does anybody know of another source for these?)

For the body, I debated much about front or rear routing, but decided on top route because I can configure a number of pickguard/pickup/pot setups and swap them in as needed/desired.

I prefer humbuckers to single coils. The pickups installed now are the Semour Duncan 35th Anniversary set.

I'd like to put in an EVH low friction 500K volume pot, but I've heard/read getting knobs that fit those pots are difficult to find.

I'll post more pics when I get the chance...

I like the gold pickup cover suggestion, thanks!
Any other suggestions?

Regards...

larry333 said:
Any other suggestions?

Well, you didn't mention the current state of your beer supply. I can't say how big it should be, but it's important that it be large. I mean, rosewood body? Humbucking pickups? Gold frets? You're not gonna wanna leave the house. So...

larry333 said:
I have updated pics, but, the forum image uploader won't let me upload anything...
Yeah that happens sometimes to me, but you can only attach 3 at a time anyway.

Best to use Photobucket or a like  :icon_thumright:

Progress...
I still have to drill the pickguard for volume/tone controls, do all the electonics, and a complete set up.
See picks for current state...

Attachments

• rwstrat2012Apr2301.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 16
  • rwstrat2012Apr2302.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 15
  • rwstrat2012Apr2303.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 22
Back