My body is cracking?!

Cederick said:
It's no real cracks it's only the alder "pushing" the finish from the backside, all over the whole body

:icon_scratch:  WTF

So now your saying the Alder is still alive ..........

I don't think so.  :doh:

I have a few Alder bodies here and nothing is getting pushed about.

You really need to explain things better !!

I can't continue following this thread-- Evertune bridge that doesn't fit, cracking paint, parking lot drops, expanding wood... SERENITY NOW!

I advise you to slide that guitar under the bed, order a good old-fashioned vintage tele (with a hardshell case) and move on.

Suggesting a Telecaster to Cederick is sorta like handing Willie Nelson a 7-string  B.C.Rich Warlock with a FR ditched-out for pull-up's.
:icon_jokercolor:

Ribeye said:
I advise you to slide that guitar under the bed, ...

Or maybe ...

exorcist-photo.jpg

What you are see are not cracks it's the rays in the Alder. Warmoth applies thin poly finishes to preserve the tone of the wood. These rays will telepath through (depending on the amount of rays in the Alder) as the body ages. If you live in a dyer climate it will happen faster than if you live in a climate with more humidity in the air. The body is fine to play it will not crumble into pieces in your hands. Now go out and play the living crap out of that thing! :party07:

I haven't tried it myself, but I've heard you can avoid those telepathing rays by using one of these -
tinfoil-hat.jpg

:laughing7:

I second Red Rock's motion.

:party07: :party07:

Entropy is inevitable... ride that thing into the ground!

Back