My 2 Warmoths

chimi42

Hi Guys,

I've been getting into warmoth stuff more and more over the last few years. I am on the facecbook group and noticed there was a message board here as well.  Figured i'd say hello and post my two warmoth guitars. Unfortunately both were bought second hand so i don't have a ton of info on either. I do know the darker one was made at some point in the 90s.

Attachments

• picturewrmt.png
    picturewrmt.png
    657.4 KB · Views: 240
The guitars look good. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your posts.

Welcome, nice looking guitars. You'll find this is friendly forum full of helpful folks, so don't hesitate to ask anything. :headbang:

Hello,

Thank you. While i'm not a builder i have gotten the itch to do a project lately. In fact i have a Gibson RD style body on order. I'm thinking of adding a warmoth or vortex neck to it. Probably go with ebony board and no inlays.

chimi42 said:
Hello,

Thank you. While i'm not a builder i have gotten the itch to do a project lately. In fact i have a Gibson RD style body on order. I'm thinking of adding a warmoth or vortex neck to it. Probably go with ebony board and no inlays.
Ah, you are a builder now. Be sure to post pics of your project, we're photo junkies here.  :icon_biggrin:

Should have the body in 3-4 weeks hopefully. I won't ruin the surprise of what the finish is (let's just say it will be different...)

I may have to have someone else put it all together to make it play great. Sure i could do it but i want it to play WELL.

You can put it together and take it to a pro for the final setup. You'll still have the fun of building it yourself. You'll also gain confidence doing that and if you build another one, you may want to do more yourself before having a pro look at it. You will get more comfortable with the steps as you go along. Mainly, when you are about to start doing something to it, come on the forum and ask questions of the experienced people here. You can get some great direction on what to do. It might benefit you to cruise through the A Work In Progress section and read the threads there, especially the long ones because they are filled with great information. Some of those threads take you through the entire process of building a guitar.

Setting them up isn't that difficult, i've been watching a of videos and doing a lot of reading online on how to do it. I've got a mid 80's MIJ Fender Tele that I've got set up perfectly for me and with the the great resource here you should have no problem dialing it in. Welcome to the Warmoth forums too!

Back