My 1989 Pontiac Safari wagon.

Space_cowboy

In September I parted with one of the best damn cars I ever owned. With the budget from selling my old friend I decided to do what Elwood would do if he played guitar instead of harmonica. I had been obsesing over this build for awhile. I was never sure if the woods would look good together. When I opened the box today I knew she was too good for me. I've built a few guitars but to me this is the prettiest damn wood I've ever seen carved into guitar parts. It's a maple chambered body with a wenge top and a wenge neck with a purpleheart fretboard. I've got gold planet wave tuners to match the gold frets and bridge. I'm using a Bootstrap's new P90 Screwdriver pick-ups in the neck and middle position and a n Extra Crispy Tele bridge pickup. I've got a set of Guilford purpleheart P90 covers on order. Wiring will be 7 way and I plan on setting the middle pickup up with a push pull for out of phase. It's fine if she's not your taste. She's mine anyway. 😉😎

Attachments

• PXL_20201005_204227814~2.jpg
    PXL_20201005_204227814~2.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 342
  • PXL_20201005_203503732~2.jpg
    PXL_20201005_203503732~2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 240
So cool! I would never have put those woods together but it looks really good! I had a purpleheart neck with an ebony fretboard that I wish I hadn’t sold. Love that color.

That'll be NICE.

My Conklin 5-string bass has a wenge/purpleheart neck. So smooth & creamy.

The colors on mine aren't as eye-popping, though.

Conklin-Bass-1-scaled.jpg

Back