Mxr phase 90 troubleshoot

robortwillys

i got this phase 90 off eBay recently, and when I got it in the mail it was adequately protected, but when i plugged in to play, as soon as i turned it on the signal died completely. the bypass was fine, i could hear nothing when i didnt play and anything i did play. as soon as i clicked it my signal went dead. another thing, the power supply doesnt fit any of my adapters, and i use a stock carbon copy, so i figured it wouldnt be a problem. The plug is too small for my adapter, and i cant get any sound out of it when it is on. some glass fell out of the pedal casing when i opened it up to inspect, but i have no idea what that could mean.

anybody have any suggestions?

reply...

Since you don't have the correct power adapter, have you checked the battery?  :icon_thumright:

Does the Phasse 90 have the old 1/8 style power input?

Just because it was protected in the box when you got it doesn't mean a thing, I am sure it was broke when the seller put it in the box.  Why would anyone sell a phase90  answer: it's broken

Stupidest question ever - do you have the cables in the correct way? Because if you have them reversed, you'll hear your throughput when it's off (true bypass) but not when it's ON, which it seems would replicate the exact issue you're having.

And I won't tell you how I know this.  :redflag:

clearerphish said:
Stupidest question ever - do you have the cables in the correct way? Because if you have them reversed, you'll hear your throughput when it's off (true bypass) but not when it's ON, which it seems would replicate the exact issue you're having.

And I won't tell you how I know this.  :redflag:
LOL...not that I've ever done...that...either...:laughing7:

Back