Musiclander\Swinger/Arrow

Fender.Fan

After I discovered the Fender Swinger/Arrow/Musiclander I knew I had to have one. I needed one. So of course I check Reverb, only to have my dreams shattered as I see they go for about $2k-$5k. While that isn’t a lot for a vintage instrument, I couldn’t do it. So I decided I’d build my own, but I didn’t know how. I took a look through some of the options on Warmoths website and low and behold there it was, a Musiclander body! I noticed the option to order a body without the back routing was not available, so I contacted a customer service representative who helped me order one just the way I wanted. Then I waited for 11 long grueling weeks. Finally it arrives!

bOGlYm5

Luckily shopping for parts was very minimal as I already had most of the parts from other projects that I hadn’t used. Alongside the body I had also ordered a pickguard, hoping it would fit, it did not.... no worries because I can always cut my own. Next I cut the headstock of a Jaguar neck I had lying around from a previous project.

HhWILib.jpg

tp4lsxR.png

Next I made the jig I’d use for routing the body

fCDmNmF.jpg

(I cleaned it up, and sanded it smooth I just lack a picture)

After that I made my pickguard and taped up the body to see where my template would sit

7ZREW5G.jpg

D3otmNq.png

MujxK22.jpg

p5kNEnb.jpg

Next was the big step, routing out the cavities!!

9kCpCUE.jpg

cieGiiu.jpg

That was scary! Next I removed the tape and installed my pickguard and control plate

rMNH5wG.jpg

After that I drilled the holes in between the cavities for the electronics and I put it all together!

E6yKt30.jpg

QWjyhJL.jpg

Super happy with how it turned out! I almost wanna build another in a different color!

Welcome to the forum Fender.Fan. Having a problem with the picture links. Took a look at your post as a quote and was able to access some of the images, but when I went back, they all came up as "page unavailable". Maybe imgbb.co doesn't allow international links, or you may have violated some other aspect of their user agreement.

For hosting, a lot of forum users use imgur.com. It's free, fast, and easy to use. As an alternative, you can always upload your photos directly to the forum.

BTW, from what I was able to see, that's one sweet guitar! Hope to be able to see all the pix soon.  :headbang:

BigSteve22 said:
Welcome to the forum Fender.Fan.

For hosting, a lot of forum users use imgur.com. It's free, fast, and easy to use. As an alternative, you can always upload your photos directly to the forum.

BTW, from what I was able to see, that's one sweet guitar! Hope to be able to see all the pix soon.  :headbang:

Thank you for having me! I tried the site you suggested and it worked awesome! Thank you so much!

-VB- said:
Wow, that post is so much more impressive with the pictures working! Great work!
Thank you! It’s my favorite guitar by far, first one I pick up, everytime!

Nice job. I like the Swinger with the original style pickguard. Great build.

Nice job! I'm surprised that I haven't seen this done on here before. Including the Bass V pickup routing is a lovely touch - always good to see some unnecessary attention to detail!

Thanks guys! The extra routing worked out really well for grounding and wiring! I looked before I posted and no one had done this, I was surprised!

How does the musiclander body feel when compared to a strat?
Is it less wide? Longer? Thinner? anything would help as I'm considering ordering a body.

Decades ago when I saw the Swinger I didn't like it. Nowadays, I find it cool.

AirCap said:
Decades ago when I saw the Swinger I didn't like it. Nowadays, I find it cool.
Same here. In fact, it's on my list of things to build.

I’m actually wanting to sell the loaded body minus the bridge. I’m throwing in a toronado bridge though. Might put it on reverb soon

I'm not ready to make a move on something like that at this time but I'd think you won't have a difficult time finding a taker.

To anyone interested I finally put it up on Reverb. It’s a loaded body minus the bridge, knobs, and screws.

Back