More Neck joint options?

Probably not, but Warmoth isn't a guitar builder. They make replacement parts, primarily designed to retrofit Fender-style parts. I haven't seen it lately, but I suspect they'd lose their license to produce Fender parts if they started selling guitars. It would turn them into competition, which no manufacturer wants to see. As it is, I suspect they're barely tolerated since they do so much better a job than Fender does, with dramatically more options.

If you would prefer a neck-thru design or some sort of all-access neck joint, you might want to check out the offerings at Rondo, The site is organized by price, so you may want to head for the upper pages to get to the good stuff - the lower pages are mostly Christmas present junk for pre-teens. But, the good stuff IS good stuff. Don't be fooled by the price. An Agile 3200 series Les Paul make Gibson's stuff look/feel/play/sound like crap and only goes for 1/10 the price. I'm not kidding. Best kept secret in the guitar world.

The closest you'll get would be to purchase a body without mounting bores, a $15.00 option, and install a DIY set neck. For the most part if it's not 4 screws and a refrigerator shaped neck plate you're on your own.

I would like to see them make a three hole mount for there telecaster neck they make the four hole but none for the three hole.Or I have not found it anyway.
:sign13:

The three-hole mount was never very popular. Sort of a solution in search of a problem. So, it never really caught on and I suspect that's why Warmoth doesn't make them. Market's too small.

Three hole neck joints are inferior to four hole joints.

I recall someone (Might have even been NovasScootYa?) selling kits a few years back to put a three hole plate on a four hole body, for aesthetics.

If you really want a three bolt, there is a limited option to ask for it.

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/NeckHeelMounting.aspx

You'd still  need to source the three bolt microtilt hardware of course. I have one Fender with this type of joint and knew the option was there just in case I ever need a replacement part for it.

If you want "neck tru" blanks, go to Carvin or Stewmac. 

That implies luthier skills far beyond just bolting a body to a neck as some think Warmoth is.  Truth be told, there are some luthier skills involved even in doing that well.

Back