More 7/8 body options

McBrain

The S- and T-style bodies are great, but more options would be great. I would love a 7/8 Soloist body to get the fast look to match the nice 24th fret access. Or you could just bring back the old 7/8 body style for a more modern look without a pickguard.

Other 7/8 body designs would also be great (Explorer, V, LP, SG, VIP), especially if combined with a larger selection of headstock designs.

when the strat has no pickguard, it looks pretty sharp. Do a search on the forum for greg's black korina 7/8 strat. One of the best looking guitars around here in my opinion. Sorry I don't have the link on hand here I'll probably post one afterwards.

Yeah, it looks really good. But Greg's black korina is the old 7/8 design. The new design is a bit different, but enough to make it look more chubby without a pickguard. For a more "classic" strat build with pickguard the new shape looks fine though.

7-8%20S.jpg
Picture002.jpg

I think the difference between the finishes is just making the white one appear more chubby in the photo. The light isn't reflecting off the edges off the white like it is off the edges of the korina.

I've seen several of the new ones and there's definitely a difference. Greg's is a lot more sleek looking. Try comparing the lower horn. I even wrote Warmoth asking for the old 7/8 shape with a link to Greg's guitar, but was told "Sorry but no.  We only offer what you see on the site".

Here's another new one.

7-8%202.jpg

*And to the owners of the new 7/8's on the pics i borrowed. I downloaded them a while ago and don't remember your usernames. I'm in no way saying your guitars look bad. I just personally prefer the old version.

I agree that the geometry is different. The new ones are "chubby". Good description, btw, since it appears to be in the waist. I vote that we point and make fun of them until they're shamed into becoming appropriately anorexic. Temporarily, of course.

Back