MM pickup rout slightly too small?

hyakis

Hey all. I recently got my long-awaited dinky J body and accompanying neck, and both pieces were love at first sight. The body only has one issue in a sea of perfection; I had it routed for a J / MM pickup setup, and the MM pickup rout is just a tiny bit too small for the SD MM pickup I bought. The pickup will fit in there (with more forcing than I should probably be applying to it) but it kinda sticks and I don't think I'd be able to adjust its height (it was tricky to even get in and out when I was testing the fit).

Now, I'm not really into the idea of waiting another 8 weeks for a different body and I love everything else about this thing, so does anyone have any tips for how to shave just a hair off the width of the pickup rout? Is it possible to sand some of the finish away or the plastic on the pickup or something like that, or would I ruin everything? This is my first build, so I appreciate any advice you hardened vets can give me.

Thanks in advance!

Hey there.  I've had a few Warmoths that had to go back to the mother ship for adjustments.  Reach to to them and see what they can do. They prioritize fixes, so you may be in good shape.

Back