MK Blonde Thinline

pirana

This is Warmoth thinline swamp ash body I bought from their showcase & put together about seven years ago if I remember correctly. It has a beautiful bookmatched top that unfortunately is not too visible in the pics cause of my cheap camera. I did the Mary Kaye blonde finish myself in nitro lacquer & it came out great. It's starting to yellow somewhat with age which gives it that vintage vibe. I also made the control plate myself from ebony & inlaid & engaved the dice in it. I have a little stash of legal elephant ivory so I turned the control knobs from it as well as made the switch tip from it. It originally had a Warmoth neck but that has been replaced with a Squier 51 neck that I just like the way it feels. It still has the crappy tuners though. Other than that the bridge is a Callaham & pups are Lollar. Oh yeah! p-guard is Warmoth too.
blonde010.jpg

blonde011.jpg

Those Callaham tele bridges are great. In fact, all their hardware is great. I have their machined blocks on all my strat bridges. Great looking guitar.

you should make a nut out of that elephant ivory

Man that looks like shite. You need to just send it to me and start all over, and do it right next time.

Back