Merry EARLY Christmas to me! CUSTOM PRS SE Custom semi-hollow!

clearerphish

I finally got my PRS back from the luthier's yesterday - GOOD GOD!

-Full setup/fret dress

-New Tonepros fully-intonateable stop-tailpiece:
4209302250_671a51f43f.jpg

-New bone nut:
4209304284_6cf9da3f7d.jpg

-New pickups. That's a Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck:
4208541387_4afb8850bf.jpg

-New pots - both push - pull. Volume knob coil taps both pickups essentially blending both pickups into one humbucker. Tone knob reverses phase of neck pickup:
4208540755_672b79e3c6.jpg

-The little black dot is a tap-interrupt killswitch:
4208540239_b961cb5646.jpg

Had a chance to plug in for like 5 minutes last night. What do it sound like?

DOOM.

:evil4:

Very cool! You took a basically good middle-range guitar and made it as awesome as it could be. I've always liked those PRS SE models.  :icon_thumright:

My main quibble with PRS is their unintonatable hardtails. This just became an awesome guitar in my book!  :icon_thumright:

I have been rocking this thing

ALL
:headbang1:
NIGHT
LONG
(all night)

Lionel-Richie.jpg

Seriously, this thing SINGS. DBU is right - that Jazz in the neck really lends some snap. And the Pearly Gates...OMG. What an incredible pickup pairing. The action is like butter, too. I'd tell you more but I gotta get back in there...I miss her.
:guitaristgif: :party07: :guitarplayer2:

What a nice guitar.
And a cool idea with the tailpiece.
I have two of these that will get this treatment now thanks to you (SE Singlecut, SE Soapbar II).
Yes, these are GREAT guitars for the money, and not just for the money, they also stand on their own merits of tone, feel, playablilty, etc.

Dunno why I never thought of it before. Duh. hehe

Thanks clearerphish!

Take a good foundation, add the right parts installed by the right person, and...voila - you have a great playing/sounding/looking geetar  :guitaristgif:

I do love the look of this PRS model. I was thinking seriously about buying one, but unfortunately I find having the volume knob close to the strings really annoying and gets in the way of playing. This has prevented me from buying many guitars I would otherwise love, though nothing is as bad as a Strat for this.

Edit: this is one of the things that initially attracted me to Warmoth, as I can get a body without the standard control holes.

Back