Meet Camille, my 72 P bass

HeyItsColin

Got her finished way faster than I thought I would. Take a peak at her. Just took a few pictures for now, I'll definitely add more soon.

A few of just the body finished

body2.jpg

body.jpg

Body and neck together. No strings or retainer yet.

almostdone.jpg

Now the final product, She's even more beautiful than I imagined.

doneski.jpg

doneski2.jpg

Actually it's named after a girl :toothy12:. I'll have to take a picture of the backside, got one of them nice neck plates done by Doug, it's the girls actual signature. Oh, and thanks to everyone for the compliments. When I get my interface in I'll have to make some recordings, she sounds just as beautiful as she looks.

HeyItsColin said:
Actually it's named after a girl :toothy12:. I'll have to take a picture of the backside, got one of them nice neck plates done by Doug, it's the girls actual signature. Oh, and thanks to everyone for the compliments. When I get my interface in I'll have to make some recordings, she sounds just as beautiful as she looks.

Wait, a picture of who's backside? The bass or the girl?

That thing is awesome! The black on butterscotch is so damn perfect. I love it!

Yeah, line6man, I'm on the same train of thought. I just need to look around and find one, I just used the one that came with the pickups.

Haha, the bass, Jayswear. I don't think the girl would appreciate me throwing around those photos.

and STDC, I didn't even know that was her name. You learn something new everyday. Whether or not it's useful is another story.

Although I don't care for the 72 pickguard or the finish this is a very well done bass.
The output jack not being black is probably a moot point as it'll usually have a cord covering it up whilst being played.

Thanks, AutoBat, It actually means quite a bit to have someone say it's well done considering this is my first ever build.

and as for a black cable, already got that covered anyway, haha.
http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=2308

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
line6man said:
Needs a black output jack to match the hardware.

It's a non-issue once the cable is PUT IN the INPUT jack.  Does he need a black cable too?
Wait, you're correcting him on using the word "output"? In what universe does something go up the cable and into the guitar?

I don't think signal direction is what he was referring to. I read it as the jack being covered by the cable and as a result being unnoticeable as to finish color. Calling it an "input" jack was just a brain fart. I'm pretty sure everybody knows nothing goes into that jack. Or, he was just making a funny.

I'm not so much correcting him as I am twisting the knife.  I know it's an output jack.  I also know what is meant when it is incorrectly called an input jack.  Line6man's world is black and white.  His OCD makes his head explode when something is called something it isn't.

Sweetness- looks like we have similar taste, check out the black & blonde 72 p-bass. (I now call it the black eyed blonde)  :eek:ccasion14:

Back