Meanwhile, at Warmoth: video tour of the fret department!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Here's a quick tour of our fret department:

[youtube]hwuFgq64mT4[/youtube]

Good video again, AA TA. That's a decent amount of work for such a small cost. :icon_thumright:

That CNC nut-cutter is a hell of a thing.  The whole miracle is that we get as much as we do for our dollars.  Thanks for continuing to enlighten us, The Aaron.

Bagman67 said:
That CNC nut-cutter is a hell of a thing.  The whole miracle is that we get as much as we do for our dollars. 

Great video.    I could not agree more about each nut being custom cut. 

Every Warmoth neck has been plug and play.  Nothing needed to do for great action.

Nice video! You don't mention it, but I wonder if the fretwire is pre-bent prior to installation, especially with stainless or EVO frets.

Cagey said:
Nice video! You don't mention it, but I wonder if the fretwire is pre-bent prior to installation, especially with stainless or EVO frets.

If you look at about the 0:40 mark, as he puts the caul under the neck the piece of wire hanging off the edge has got a pretty good curve to it.

That's true, but my question wasn't clear enough. All fretwire needs to be radiused to some degree, but I meant on a "per fret position" basis. I use a press as well, but I've found that with stainless and EVO frets I have to radius the frets for the position they're being installed in for compound radius necks. I don't dare try to install a fret radiused for fret 1 (10") will never set right farther down the neck, like where it changes to a 12" or better, ending on a 16". I've even gone to the point where I keep mult-section organizers for the more popular sizes, with each compartment dedicated to a fret position...

em2zkXn.jpg

Excellent vid.  Seeing the tools in action  is what makes it.  Thanks

I fret level and dress all my Warmoth necks out of the box and on the guitar. I guess that's why I get to consistently  assemble so many over the years for customers.

Great video!
Now I'm wondering: wouldn't it be pretty easy to put the desired string gauge in the order and get this data too into the nut slotting machine (as the technology is already there)?

Back