Meanwhile, at Warmoth...Aaron's NAMM Report!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Just got back to work today, after the NAMM extravaganza. What a great time, with so many great people!

Got a chance to meet mrpinter, and play his great ergonomic guitars. Plus....I was just walking down an isle and got recognized by MikeW, which was pretty cool. Totally cool dude, who plays in a surf band...which is also totally cool.  :icon_thumright:

I saw Jeff Loomis there too, and he recognized me! I was walking up to introduce myself to him, and he said "Hey....you're the guy from Warmoth that does the videos!"

So ya....I guess I'm famous enough now that I'm going to have to start turning my NAMM badge around backwards so people can't read my name.  :toothy12:

Going to NAMM is like going to the Grand Canyon. People tell you it's big, but you just can't really understand how big until you're there, gazing into the chasm. I wore my fitness tracker the whole time. Total miles walked each day: between 10 and 12. Also, famous people are everywhere! You just have to keep your eyes open as you walk around. People I met/saw:

Eric Gales
Greg Koch
George Benson
Greg Howe
James Valentine
Jeff Loomis
Michael Angelo Battio
Steve Vai
Alex Skolnek
Phil X
Steve Lukather
Tony McApline
Lita Ford
Seymour Duncan
Larry Mitchell
Michael Anthony
Dug Pinnik

Here's a few pics:

Attachments

• 20170120_145220_resized.jpg
    20170120_145220_resized.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 375
  • 20170121_150725_resized.jpg
    20170121_150725_resized.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 350
  • 20170120_134936_resized.jpg
    20170120_134936_resized.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 358
  • 20170121_110504_resized.jpg
    20170121_110504_resized.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 360
  • 20170120_130708_resized.jpg
    20170120_130708_resized.jpg
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 406
Dude! How cool is that? Way to go! :kewlpics: :eek:ccasion14:

Love Dug Pinnick's vocals and bass playing.
Can you believe that guy is 66 years old? I want to be in that shape when I get that age.

man - you need a selfie stick.  Maybe warmoth should offer that as an option on necks now...

Ya...Dug's voice is AMAZING. King's X was playing on Saturday night at a venue called The Grove. I got to watch the whole show from 5 feet away. It was amazing. Zakk Wylde's new project Zakk Sabbath followed them. I watched about 4 songs, and skeedaddled.

I have to say, of all the famous people I met, Dug was the most sincere, kind, and genuine of them all. A total class act.

LOVE King's X. Ty Tabor is one of my favourite guitar players,

By the way - did you see anything that will trickle down to new stuff on Warmoth? Some new shapes, a new gizmo, bridge options, pickups and so on ..?

We did see several things that may eventually make their way into the Warmoth family of products....mostly hardware like pickups and bridges. It takes time to incorporate anything new, so there is nothing you could expect to see, like, next week.

I also spent some time gawking at a laser machine. Want!

A laser?

Like ...

1laser05.jpg

Great report! I'm glad to hear you had a good time and met so many people. I can sympathize with the mileage you put on your feet. I used to do the factory automation shows in Detroit back when I worked in that industry, and can remember being just about worthless by the end of the day.

Logrinn said:
Dude! How cool is that? Way to go! :kewlpics: :eek:ccasion14:

Love Dug Pinnick's vocals and bass playing.
Can you believe that guy is 66 years old? I want to be in that shape when I get that age.
man i want to be in that shape now

Cagey said:
Great report! I'm glad to hear you had a good time and met so many people. I can sympathize with the mileage you put on your feet. I used to do the factory automation shows in Detroit back when I worked in that industry, and can remember being just about worthless by the end of the day.

Yep. I'm just about worth enough to do some 12oz curls. That's about it.

Half the fun of NAMM is walking down main street and just seeing all the different genres of people. I'm wandering along doing just that and look next to me... Hey! You're Aaron from Warmoth!

I'll throw in some other famous/infamous people I saw:
Michael Anthony
Paul Gilbert
Sundance Head (winner of this year's The Voice and can play a mean blues)
Steve Morse
John Petrucci

No Gary Hoey or Guthrie Govan this year unfortunately. I always like listening to them.

My pick for this year's show goes to Magnatone amps.

MikeW said:
Cagey said:

Yep. I'm just about worth enough to do some 12oz curls. That's about it.

Half the fun of NAMM is walking down main street and just seeing all the different genres of people. I'm wandering along doing just that and look next to me... Hey! You're Aaron from Warmoth!

I'll throw in some other famous/infamous people I saw:
Michael Anthony
Paul Gilbert
Sundance Head (winner of this year's The Voice and can play a mean blues)
Steve Morse
John Petrucci

No Gary Hoey or Guthrie Govan this year unfortunately. I always like listening to them.

My pick for this year's show goes to Magnatone amps.

I saw Guthrie Govan at the King's X/Zakk Wylde show on Saturday night. Aww man...I missed Paul Gilbert. Absolutely love that guy!

Are we doing picks? The best things I played, by far, were the Frank Hartung guitars. If I had had 4k, one of them would have come home with me! I was absolutely blown away!

frank-hartung-guitars-instrument-photo-1.jpg

double A said:
Ya...Dug's voice is AMAZING. King's X was playing on Saturday night at a venue called The Grove. I got to watch the whole show from 5 feet away. It was amazing. Zakk Wylde's new project Zakk Sabbath followed them. I watched about 4 songs, and skeedaddled.

I have to say, of all the famous people I met, Dug was the most sincere, kind, and genuine of them all. A total class act.

LOVE KX!

Back