Meadowhawks on Parade

Cactus Jack said:
Let's say whoever gets closest to the actual price, without going over, of course, wins...nothing!

My guess...$1,695
$1,694  :icon_jokercolor:

Super excited to learn more.
1) I always thought that you couldn't show a rendering of a complete Warmoth build due to licensing with Fender saying you couldn't appear to sell complete guitars.  Well I don't know how THIS gets past that.  :)  But I'm glad it is.

2) How much time will there be between when all the specs are announced and when they go on sale?  I'd guess we'd have to buy quickly to snag one, and we may want to marinate on the specs for a few days first.

3) Will all 20 of each be identical?  Or 20 different unique colors/finishes etc?

Thanks!

rookosu said:
1) I always thought that you couldn't show a rendering of a complete Warmoth build due to licensing with Fender saying you couldn't appear to sell complete guitars.  Well I don't know how THIS gets past that.  :)  But I'm glad it is.

Our licensing agreement with Fender is in regards to the use of certain trademarked headstock shapes. That's the complete scope of it. We can do anything we want with our original designs, including these guitars.

rookosu said:

2) How much time will there be between when all the specs are announced and when they go on sale?  I'd guess we'd have to buy quickly to snag one, and we may want to marinate on the specs for a few days first.

The time lapse between all specs being announced and the guitars going on sale will be approximately 3.21 seconds. Shorter if we can manage it. Members here at UW will likely get some advance info/peeks.

rookosu said:
3) Will all 20 of each be identical?  Or 20 different unique colors/finishes etc?

Thanks!

Each model will be available in three finishes. Or more if we get a wild hair. But at least three.

The Aaron said:
The time lapse between all specs being announced and the guitars going on sale will be approximation 3.21 seconds. Shorter if we can manage it. Members here at UW will likely get some advance info/peeks.

Geez.  Why so long?  I could maybe wait 2 seconds........

The Aaron said:
rookosu said:

Our licensing agreement with Fender is in regards to the use of certain trademarked headstock shapes. That's the complete scope of it. We can do anything we want with our original designs, including these guitars.

rookosu said:

The time lapse between all specs being announced and the guitars going on sale will be approximately 3.21 seconds. Shorter if we can manage it. Members here at UW will likely get some advance info/peeks.

rookosu said:

Thanks!

Each model will be available in three finishes. Or more if we get a wild hair. But at least three.

Excellent.  Cudos to the team at Warmoth for this.  Very excited about this!

We Demand the release of the Meadowhawks!
We believe they are be held unfairly as political prisoners and we will petition for their immediate release!
We plan to enlist the help of Charlie Sheen, Beyonce, Ivanka Trump, and any other celebrities and YouTube stars we can get. The Meadowhawks must be freed!
Remember, We have special skills, We will find you, and We will post disparaging remarks about you on Social Media.
Free the Meadowhawks! Free the Meadowhawks! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :rock-on: :rock-on: :rock-on:

I hope everyone stays as enthusiastic about these after they have been revealed. I feel like my reputation is on the line, since Warmoth basically gave me free reign to create the design and choose any hardware I wanted. There are so many great designs our there now...it was very difficult to come up with something that looked at least somewhat original.

Once the various departments got involved I was crazy-impressed at all the knowledge and skill that they brought to bear bringing these things to life. We have a lot of very smart people here, with A LOT of guitar manufacturing experience! There are a couple construction techniques that I don't think people have seen from Warmoth before.

I feel like my reputation is on the line, since Warmoth basically gave me free license to create the design and choose any hardware I wanted.

Ohh, no pressure there, right. I hope they are a distinct success man. You folks have had enough pressure on you the last few weeks. :icon_thumright:

The Aaron said:
These have really been a passion-project here at Warmoth for the last year or so. Every department has had a hand bringing something to the table and making them a reality.

We will definitely be undercharging for what they are. Around half the price of what similar US-built guitars cost.

I'm not exactly sure when they will be released. We had planned to unveil them at the Tacoma Guitar Festival in the last week of April, but that will almost certainly be cancelled. We've already made the decision not to attend, regardless.

Sometime in April is still the plan.

I think the guitar show is reshceduled to August in the Tacoma Dome. if so please show up, I'll be there!

musicispeace said:
I think the guitar show is reshceduled to August in the Tacoma Dome. if so please show up, I'll be there!

That is news to me. I just spoke with Bruce (the show organizer) a week ago and he is still hoping for it to happen as scheduled. I personally don't think that's gonna happen, but Bruce does.

rauchman said:
Am I understanding correctly, that these will be finished guitars only, no non-finished?

Yes. Finished, as in complete guitars. Nothing left to do. No options to spec. With a COA and a quality gig bag. Just like a high-end guitar hanging on the wall at your favorite guitar shop.

Back