May 2015 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the May, 2015 Guitar of the Month contest!  May's contest will be "Warmoth/professionally finished" and requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument.  Send your submission in plain text email.  Your photos must be attachments to the email.  Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email.

In turn, your images will posted to this message, which is May's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from now until May 9th, so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below.

Please do not post additional photos in any replies to this thread.  Links to other UW threads or external sites are fine. Links will not be included in the entry descriptions.

Please try to stick to the entry requirements:
1024x768 pixel images maximum as attachments please, not embedded in the email or linked to external sites.

Include your UnOfficialWarmoth Forum user name.

Instruments finished by Warmoth (or another professional finisher) this month.

Sorry, but entries that do not meet these requirements may not be included in the contest. If you're having technical difficulties, get in touch!  (But only about contest entries please!)

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 by adked

1974 Fender Stratocaster updated with a Warmoth custom left-handed body.
Body specs -
Left handed with 3 bolt neck pocket
Rear route
Flame maple over swamp ash
Tequila Sunrise front and Candy Tangerine back with black binding.
7/8" side jack hole
Gotoh left-handed vintage 6 hole tremolo

TsYjyOV.jpg

VjVn3BG.jpg

Guitar #2 by HTSMetal

Gemini Sunset Stratocaster

Warmoth 59 roundback birdseye maple neck with 6150 stainless steel frets and Clear Gloss finish
Warmoth Strat body in Magenta Burst finish w/ Transparent Purple back
Fender CS '69 pickups
Fender American Stratocaster tremolo

bsPXRxK.jpg

7R1S1L9.jpg

Guitar #3 by Surf n Music

Warmoth ash body finished in transparent neon orange
Warmoth roasted maple and rosewood neck
Klein 61 pickups
Modern Gotoh bridge

LcD5407.jpg

4Dd8Djo.jpg

Guitar #4 by SlartiBartfast

Black Korina with a Black Korina laminate top (not chambered)
Tobacco Burst Finish on both front and back
Bridge: Wilkinson Tremolo
Indian Rosewood shaft wood, left nice and raw
Standard thin neck contour
Macassar Ebony fingerboard
10-16" compound radius
Stainless steel 6105 frets
1 11/16" nut width with GraphTech Black TUSQ XL
Sperzel locking tuners 
Dimarzio Area pickup set

qUHfxHg.jpg

Guitar #5 by ocguy16

Warmoth Chambered Strat body
Body specs -
Quilted Maple over Mahogany
Rear route
Caribbean Burst finish with clear back
7/8" side jack hole
Hard tail with recessed TOM bridge

gBQ2v4b.jpg

wrbVPUc.jpg

Guitar #6 by TjerkG

Warmoth body & neck.
Body: Black Korina on Black Korina Tele Thinline body, contoured heel, transparent blue top with clear back, contoured heel, pearloid binding.
Neck: Vintage modern roasted maple with black ebony fretboard telecaster neck,  SRV contour, SS6150 frets, pearloid nightswan inlays
Hardware: TV Jones T-armond pickups, 4-way switch, treble bleed, TV Jones tele bridge, Duesenberg Tremola with Chet Atkins arm, straplocks, black TUSQ nut and string tree, schaller locking tuners

ekdW5sj.jpg

2pE42XE.jpg

Only two entries, and already I can't decide which I like more...    :dontknow:

Of course. Another one that looks outstanding. Now I can't decide between three of them. Fine work on all.

GOM said:
Our final entrant is ocguy16. Good luck all!

Scratch that. We have 6 entries with TjerkG completing this month's line-up.

Apologies to TjerkG and to the members who had already voted but the entry got caught by the Gmail spam filter. I'm not aware of this happening before but I should have checked so I'm re-starting the vote as I don't think it's fair to make him/her wait another 2 months to enter.

This does mean that if you are one the 8 members who already voted, you will need to vote again!

No worries, thanks for including me! Sorry for the restart and the hassle. Looks like I have some stiff competition.

Really love 'em all, but I like simple things and That's why I fell in love with Surf n Music's Orange Tele. It's my favorite.

Back