Matching Chrome to Nickel

NonsenseTele

Epic Member
Hello guys! Need some help!

The bridge for my project is nickel, but I've only found the chrome string ferrules  :sad1:

Anybody know a way to make they look closer??

I'm thinking in sand it with fine and wet sand-paper  :dontknow:

Callaham does stainless steel ferrules if you want to pay that much... :eek:
The ferrules won't be seen at the same time as the bridge anyway mate, save your money to spend on dancing lessons  :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:

willyk said:
Callaham does stainless steel ferrules if you want to pay that much... :eek:
The ferrules won't be seen at the same time as the bridge anyway mate, save your money to spend on dancing lessons  :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor: :icon_jokercolor:

:laughing7: I should!!!!  :icon_biggrin:

I've found that 0000 steel wool turns chrome into a nice nickel-like matte finish.  I did this to a stainless-steel pick because it was too slippery to hold on to.  (Fun toy, worth the $4, but I don't use it very often.)

dbw said:
I've found that 0000 steel wool turns chrome into a nice nickel-like matte finish.  I did this to a stainless-steel pick because it was too slippery to hold on to.  (Fun toy, worth the $4, but I don't use it very often.)

Great!! Thank you! :icon_thumright:

dbw said:

0000 steel wool is 2nd only to duct tape in it's usefulness.  I use it on guitars, I use it to finish wood projects, I use it to clean hard water stains off my shower tiles...  I don't know where I'd be without it.  :laughing11:

Ya know 0000 steel wool is great!~  Duct tape, WD40, leatherman, 0000 steel wool... you can conquer the world!~

You can can use if on anything... smooth that rough edge off a formica top, polish frets, takes rust off gun barrels without overly harming the bluing, cleans up a babys butt when you let the diaper stay on 'em too long.  I mean its just got 1001 uses around the home, shop and nursery.

-CB- said:
cleans up a babys butt when you let the diaper stay on 'em too long.

:laughing7:

-CB- said:
I mean its just got 1001 uses around the home, shop and nursery.

The ad of the biggest steel wool maker here in Brazil is just it: "Bombril, has 1001 utilities"

Back