Marty Stuart - Clarence White & the Parsons/White Bender

S

swarfrat

Some cool history:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8H08Xs_w8A[/youtube]

Indeed a cool video and back story. Every time I hear something like that I like the idea of a B bender.

B-benders are awesome.  I have 4 of them and they are a great sense of amusement for me.

Mayfly said:
B-benders are awesome.  I have 4 of them and they are a great sense of amusement for me.

I think I saw you have a Hipshot that required routing out the back of a Tele body, are they all of that type or do you have others?

stratamania said:
Mayfly said:

I think I saw you have a Hipshot that required routing out the back of a Tele body, are they all of that type or do you have others?

I've got others.  I currently have two hipshot 'Parsons/Green' benders in warmoth telecasters, one 'Parsons/White' in another telecaster, installed by Gene Parsons himself, and one 'Parsons... something' installed in a custom acoustic guitar made by Peggy White.  I have also installed several Parsons/Green benders for clients.  Of them all, the Parsons/White works the best, but the parsons/green is a close second.

Thanks Mayfly. Interesting you have one installed by Clarence White himself. The Glaser bender also looks an interesting solution, and wondered if you have seen one of those?

stratamania said:
Thanks Mayfly. Interesting you have one installed by Clarence White himself. The Glaser bender also looks an interesting solution, and wondered if you have seen one of those?

Nope.  Have not seen one.

Mayfly said:
stratamania said:

Nope.  Have not seen one.

Fender are using them on the Brent Mason telecasters and they seem to require a hole drilled through the body rather than the larger cavity rout. Though Glaser does not supply them for DIY fitting and they seem to be around $650 fitted to a body. I just wondered if you may have tried one.

stratamania said:
Thanks Mayfly. Interesting you have one installed by Clarence White himself.

Pssst.....

.... Clarence is dead.  Gene installed the bender....

Hey!  Here's some Marty Stuart action.  Check out Marty's solo and you'll see him giving the bender a workout.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Cx_l9kLxycw[/youtube]

BTW, my band actually covers this version of the song (violin player does Kenny's solos).  It took me about 100 hours to be able to play those solos that smooth!

Cool post Mayfly. I can imagine it would take some practice as you say to get those down.  :eek:ccasion14:

Mayfly said:
Hey!  Here's some Marty Stuart action.  Check out Marty's solo and you'll see him giving the bender a workout.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Cx_l9kLxycw[/youtube]

BTW, my band actually covers this version of the song (violin player does Kenny's solos).  It took me about 100 hours to be able to play those solos that smooth!

If that isn't the most spectacular thing on this planet, well, I don't know what.  Freaking incredible.

Back