Warmoth alder strat body, I routed my own dual humbuckers and control area. I sprayed Deft sanding sealer and automotive primer and sanded in perfect. I wanted to spray it with Automotive base/ two part urethane clear coat in black to match my existing American Strat. I bought the Omni paint, bought a HVLP gun, tested it on a couple panels before getting it all ready, with a little spray tent in the garage. The base went on OK, every time I put it up on the wire, I guess a little material on the hanging wire would flake little specs, no problem though. Then I touched the wet base with the wire, again no real problem. The sprayer had a couple globs of jelly paint in it, but it kept spraying OK. I then started with the clear, first couple coats were OK, then by the third, I saw the couple big runs under neath at the low spots. Then I touched it again with my sleeve. I let it dry a couple hours then managed to put finger marks on it. So it's all screwed up. I'll try and sand all the flaws and runs down and spray another clear coat. If it looks like crap, I'll either have to sand it all off or just buy another body. I did it as a learning experience. I learned it's a real pain in the butt to spray two part automotive paints, it's done because it's fast in a shop. The next one will be pigmented lacquer with clears coats from cans. Lacquer is so much easier to spray light, good coats and polish out.