Making a gift.

Return of Guitlouie

So, without being overly melodramatic, I'd like to tell you about my son's birthday.  It was today (my wife's, too, but she's old enough to understand).  I'll let you all know right now that I know there are a lot of families hurting right now, due to all this economic bullsnot, and I feel damn lucky to have a decent job, where my employer is actually considered a friend and someone who will always help me out.  I've got a good place to live, and we ain't doing all that bad.  BUT....there have been a few financial setbacks in my little family in the last few months, of course christmas is coming up, and there are always bills, and on and on.  Well, this guy whose birthday was today, well, he's the younger of my two kids, and he has gotten his fair share of the ole shaft from big bro';  hand-me-down clothes, hand-me-down toys, near constant beatings, ya know, the usual little brother stuff.  Well I'll be damned if this kid is not just the most up-beat, friendliest, kindest, do-anything-for-anyone kind of kid I've ever come across.  Tonight at his birthday dinner, he told the waitress that he was going to Goodberrys for ice cream afterwards, and she told him that that was her favorite, so he insisted on getting her one, and bringing it back to the restaurant.  Yeah, he's awesome.  So he turned six today, and we have been talking a lot about how he isn't such a little boy anymore....and well, I wanted to do something special for him, but, well, like I said, funds are lacking right now, and for a little while.  So......  I gave him my first Warmoth.  I built it not too long ago, 2007.  Cherryburst hardtail Strat.  I love that thing, but my little Boo can't keep trying to rock on his hand-me-down Epiphone Pee-Wee Les Paul,, now can he?  He was very surprised.  He looked at me and said "SERIOUSLY???????????"  Yup, my little man, all yours, just let me play it sometimes, OK?  "Daddy, anytime you want."  What a kid.  He's been busy today, so I'll get a pic of him with it tomorrow, but for now, here is the guitar in question. 

DSC00161.jpg

Adopt me? I'll trade rent for Warmoths and be cute with waitresses and everything.

Wow, that one killer first upgrade.  Not just a nice guitar, but his fathers!  That's insane motivation to practice.

Is he OK with the scale length?

Nice one. Hey, I think I can speak for everyone here, give him a Happy Birthday from all of us..........and your wife too.
MULLY

I made my first home built (the mini-v for my son) he is 10 and still has trouble with hand size.. and my second (the cardboard guitar) for my daughter 13. still has trouble with everything because she is 13.. they both also play piano. and my daughter the french horn..
best thing you can give a kid is something you made yourself..

Great story. A son like him is a gift in himself.

Love aint free, but at least it doesn't cost money just time and energy.  :hello2:

I remember so many times...sneaking in to my dad's closet to grab his guitar and play it before he got home from work! hahaha
When he gave it to me on my 16th b-day...my whole LIFE changed!

Happy Birthday to the both of them!

Man, that's just great.
Warmoth's make great presents, whichever side of the deal you are on.

Touching story

Hope he still rocks out with that guitar in 30 years and make dady proud :headbang:

Back