Mahogany/Koa VW

riverbluff

Just scored this on eBay.  Mahogany/Koa.

Can't wait to see in up close.

Not sure where I wanna head with this one though.  I was thinking maybe a prail in the neck and maybe a JB in the bridge position.  Not sure on the neck.  Thoughts...

Nice score Bill, there's another VW on there, black korina I think.....

What sorta neck is churning about the brain cells for this one? :icon_scratch:

Although it looks like koa to me, maybe the back is blk korina.... :dontknow:
warmoth_body_1.jpg

Picture updates!  Got a killer deal on an all rosewood neck fo it.  Came in today, and couldn't be happier.  The neck is in excellent shap with very little fret wear.  So here are a coouple updated pictures.

Body
3633867584_b78cf7639a_b.jpg

Neck
3633053047_815a4d1d96_b.jpg

3633868710_77e573d3c7_b.jpg

3633869396_9f087e7748_b.jpg

Neck and Boby
3633870040_7f359dc6a0_b.jpg

Thinking about going with prails in this one.

V/R
Bill

that looks awesome! and i love the neck too.

on a side note, i'm trying to get rid of some things i've got laying around and i'll sell a p-rails (bridge) fairly cheap if you'd like. let me know if you're interested and i'll post in the wanted section or something, i don't want to get myself in trouble here  :icon_biggrin: 

Nice neck there Bill, but I must say I don't dig the strat headstock with the VW body... :dontknow:

*I* like everything about it, so far!  Looks like a "working man's" guitar (that's a compliment)    :icon_thumright:

SlingBass said:
*I* like everything about it, so far!  Looks like a "working man's" guitar (that's a compliment)    :icon_thumright:

That's kind of what I was thinking as well.  But, I am not completely decided, I may still go with a warmoth peghead and keep the strat neck for a strat.

riverbluff said:
SlingBass said:

That's kind of what I was thinking as well.  But, I am not completely decided, I may still go with a warmoth peghead and keep the strat neck for a strat.
I say that would be a good call, find a Warmoth headstock neck about the same color.... :icon_thumright:

I kinda like it cuz it's different and it doesn't look completely off. My brother who is an artistically sound person and not a guitar geek liked it for it's aethsetics and did not hate it for a look that was unexpected. 

I really like the strat headstock with that body. I know it looks nothing like a Starcaster, but it has that vibe. Nice!

Back