LP 5 Way Switch

everywhere were you see a '2', that is a 2 way switch, combined into ONE 2 way, 3pdt switch.

It seems like a LOT, and sure, it can be easier, but not if you want what I want:

-when you have humbuckers, just the 2 in neck and bridge: use 3 way toggle on upper bout.

-when split, use the stratstyle 5 way blade.

though, with ONE output, mono, and ONE volume and ONE tone. this works, it really does, and it does it like a charm.

the reason you need a 3pdt in stead of a dpdt is that you have to choose the output: hot out of the 5 way or hot out of the 3 way. you have to make a 'preset' in a switch. if you have instantaniously the humbuckers+humbuckeroutput, which I wanted, you need a 3pole switch.

and it might seem stupid or briliant, but there is a fine line between briliance and stupidity ;)

oh so it's all the same two way switch :doh:

i guess i'd have drawn it diferently.

i still find the controls odd though.

DiMitriR33 said:
oh so it's all the same two way switch :doh:

i guess i'd have drawn it diferently.

i still find the controls odd though.

yeah, I guess I should've done it different too. my appologies. the controls are odd... perhaps. I just wanted a les paul control when humbuckers are working, and strat controls when its a strat, and this is the way it works.

oh i forgot: at one point, the grey lines turn red. the red ones are the correct ones, the grey, after the red/grey junction, is just a possibility.

It's quite clever, but this part is a little unclear...  What are the single coils on the middle lugs of the poles of switch 2 by the HBs?  Does that represent a tapped HB?  If so the diagram is a little off I think.

Also, I suspect you will have a hell of a time finding a 3pdt LP switch.  If you don't mind using an ordinary toggle it should be no problem.

dbw said:
It's quite clever, but this part is a little unclear...  What are the single coils on the middle lugs of the poles of switch 2 by the HBs?  Does that represent a tapped HB?  If so the diagram is a little off I think.

Also, I suspect you will have a hell of a time finding a 3pdt LP switch.  If you don't mind using an ordinary toggle it should be no problem.

I already have a 3pdt switch. But I dont understand what you mean... the doublecoil you see, is a rail-humbucker.

dbw said:
But there are seven coils drawn on the diagram...

thats right.

3 real singlecoils and 4 coils in the railspickups. here is a pic of the guitar with those pickups:

Afbeelding16.png

7 coils :D

bpmorton777 said:
Orpheo,

How did you jam two single coil pickups into that humbucker cavity and ring?

Brian

just as you say it: by jamming them. and by sanding a bit of the plastics ;)

Back