Love to build something like this.. For Next Project.

ZGOZZ

kiko.jpg

This is just a really sweet guitar

That color and top would look great on a W soloist.  Although I'd prefer fewer frets so there would be room to go HSH  :headbang1:

That would look sweet.  Although, be informed that the Warmoth Jackson headstock is larger than Jackson's headstock.

What's the point of having a through neck and a tremolo?  The trem rout cuts the neck off, so it's no longer a through neck.

dbw said:
What's the point of having a through neck and a tremolo?  The trem rout cuts the neck off, so it's no longer a through neck.
It's a "neck into" instead of neck thru.... :laughing7:

But it is cool looking aside from the neck pickup thing going on there.... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
dbw said:

But it is cool looking aside from the neck pickup thing going on there.... :dontknow:

2 hums would be great..

ZGOZZ said:
DangerousR6 said:
dbw said:

2 hums would be great..

No, no, no, no, NO Ron!!!!!!

An amazing build like that DESERVES HSH!!!! It would be a disgrace to route it any other way...  :headbang1:

JamesL said:
ZGOZZ said:
DangerousR6 said:
dbw said:

2 hums would be great..

No, no, no, no, NO Ron!!!!!!

An amazing build like that DESERVES HSH!!!! It would be a disgrace to route it any other way...  :headbang1:
Nah, I agree with Ron, 2 hums.... :headbang1:

Off the top of my head here's how I see a close copy of this happening:

Warmoth Soloist Body - carved top with flame maple cap. Mahogany back.
Dyed in blue on top and trans blue at back

Mahogany neck coloured in trans blue to match. Jackson headstock.
Neck to have 24 fret extension.

Body to have only bridge humbucker rout, OFR recessed rout for bridge, two controls and 5 way switch. ZGOZZ, you will rout the s/c rout in where the neck ends.

OzziePete said:

Body to have only bridge humbucker rout, OFR recessed rout for bridge, two controls and 5 way switch. ZGOZZ, you will rout the s/c rout in where the neck ends.
That sounds about right, except why would you need a 5 way switch for one single hum.... :icon_scratch:

It already has two hums.  Which by the way, those hotrails were to designed to retrofit in a single coil space.  Why would a guitar be designed with that pickup in mind?

DangerousR6 said:
OzziePete said:

That sounds about right, except why would you need a 5 way switch for one single hum.... :icon_scratch:

Would it not be a 3 way? Switch nor 2 girls and me.. LOL

ZGOZZ said:
DangerousR6 said:
OzziePete said:

Would it not be a 3 way? Switch nor 2 girls and me.. LOL
:laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:

The original guitar had 2 humbuckers - one configured in a single coil way. Note that I said that ZGOZZ would have to rout a single coil rout close into where the extended fretboard ends (neck position). Or maybe ZGOZZ could tell the Warmoth people he's fitting a 24 fret neck on, they have the ability to rout that s/c rout in there for him?

Just assumed 5 way switch, leaving space for split pickup selections in positions 2 & 4, or some series / parallel? :dontknow:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Caparison has a similar fretboard/neck pickup mating.  This one has 27 frets.

Caparison.gif
Same with that one, but its more like 26 1/2 frets  :laughing7:

Back