Looky what I got today...

Xplorervoodoo

My surprise!  Now I'm seriously jonesing for the body...

Well here's the neck anyway!  Warmoth Pro construction, Strat headstock.  Maple neck, Satine fingerboard w/pearloid celtic cross at 12th fret.  Graphite nut, 61GD frets.  Fatback contour....  Alpine white finish.

She's a pretty sexy beast.  Putting Gold planet waves tuners on it, and the gold warmoth decal.  I've got a gold roller t for it, but still debating on whether or not I'll actually use it.

:rock-on:

Attachments

• P1080645.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 585
  • P1080646.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 521
Body's gonna be solid maple standard strat, Alpine white as well.  SSS config, top jack, arm and belly contours.

Got all gold hardware for that too, and an EMG DG 20 for it.  I even ordered some custom abalone topped gold knobs for it off the 'bay.

Can't wait!

I've always wondered how well they meet an opaque finish with bare wood.  Can we see a side shot?

Xplorervoodoo, since your from canada i'm wondering how much you paid for shipping and duties........by the way neice neck :eek:

Phrygian said:
I've always wondered how well they meet an opaque finish with bare wood.  Can we see a side shot?

As requested, here ya go!

sundin4prez said:
Xplorervoodoo, since your from canada i'm wondering how much you paid for shipping and duties........by the way neice neck :eek:

Thanks dude!  Actually the biggest surprise of my day is that I didn't owe any shipping and duties at all.  I was like, seriously shocked, but in a pleasant way.  This was definitely a good day ;)

Attachments

• P1090647.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 496
Xplorervoodoo said:
Phrygian said:

As requested, here ya go!

sundin4prez said:

Thanks dude!  Actually the biggest surprise of my day is that I didn't owe any shipping and duties at all.  I was like, seriously shocked, but in a pleasant way.  This was definitely a good day ;)

That is very sexy indeed!!!!!!

Thanks man, that's that only closeup of an opaque back Warmoth neck that I've seen.  The transition to the natural finish looks perfect.

looks like we have similar taste, i am strongly considering a satine fret board and no face dots on a white strat. i cant wait to see yours done.

DiMitriR33 said:
looks like we have similar taste, i am strongly considering a satine fret board and no face dots on a white strat. i cant wait to see yours done.

Well, just from the feel of this neck, I can highly recommend satine for a fingerboard wood.  It is SLICK!  :icon_thumright:

The way this thing is going to look, it seems like Pearly Gates pickups would be appropriate. ;)

GoDrex said:
The way this thing is going to look, it seems like Pearly Gates pickups would be appropriate. ;)

Heh...  Well the way I figure it, it will either look classy and elegant, or it will look gaudy and god-awful  :laughing7:  Either way it's gonna be fun!

One more.

Gonna have to sand the neck pocket slightly, but nothing too serious.  And I'll also have to sand the cavity a bit to make room for the exg expander circuit board, but again, nothing too serious.

Very happy with this!  Many thanks to all at Warmoth, and all on these boards!  I'm gonna take my time to finish this, since it's my first.  I'll post plenty of pics when I'm done though, so don't worry NoNonsenseTele...  :laughing7:

Attachments

• P1110649.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 393
Back