Look what I found on my doorstep

Malo Strat

Just got home from work to find some boxes on my doorstep... It came out better than I ever even imagined!
The pieces of tape on the body are just my own markings for where I will drill holes for the controls.

Lookin' fine!  :headbang1:
Let's be seein' some more pics when finished...
:rock-on:

Here are the stats, I custom ordered it so this one is not from the showcase.  And yes, unfortunately, I will have to drill a few holes in her for the contols since it will have a midi/piezo pickup... I will post pics when Im finished :headbang:
1piece Mahagany body
Rear Routing
H-S-H pickup config will have coil taps with Dimarzio... Super Distortion-Area 58-Air Classic
Select Quilt Top with dark amber dye
Drop top cream binding
bat box
Gold Hardware
!Recessed Route for GOLD Graphtech Floyd Rose w Piezo & MIDI equiped!... I hope it fits
Pro neck, AAA birdseye w/ebony fretboard and SS frets (6105) Satin back finish
match headstock with quilt veneer to body with amber paint
Sperzel locking tuners

Wow, that is simultaneously one of the most stunning finishes I've seen as well as one of the most ballsy moves I've heard in a while! Good luck on the holes!

Ok, I have to ask, because I've spent a good 30 seconds here laughing.  In the last picture of the body and neck together... what IS that substance that's, um, dripped and dried on the fretboard?

-Mark

AprioriMark said:
Ok, I have to ask, because I've spent a good 30 seconds here laughing.  In the last picture of the body and neck together... what IS that substance that's, um, dripped and dried on the fretboard?

-Mark

I saw that too, but was afraid to ask.  :toothy11:

Here some shots from a camera phone after I put here together and drilled all my holes.... Came out NICE!
MIDI/PIEZO pickup is amazing I will post a video on youtube for all to see. BTW all the "spots" on the neck that everyone was talking about are actually the wood character.  The ebony had grain markings that looked like some..uhh... liquid dropped on it.... seemed to almost dissapear when I treated the fretboard with some oil.

Post a pick of the control cavity!  I'm curious to see how you got everything to fit in there.

Guitar looks amazing.  Amber is a great choice.

Very, very, super sweeeet  :headbang1:
A beauty of a body and I love the zebra pick-ups with the vanilla in the middle.
Let's be gettin' some sound clips posted for everyone.  Can't wait...
:kewlpics: :rock-on:

That is one great looking axe.  Let us know how the midi / piezo works out as I'm thinking of doing something similar.  :glasses9:

Back