Logan, UT or bust!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Well, after almost two years living in rural southern Georgia I have now relocated to Logan, UT. What a great city! It feels so good to be back in the mountains again.

Now....to infiltrate the local music scene. Not many venues in Logan, but SLC is just an hour or so to the south. There must be something going on down there. We shall see.

Congratulations on your move! Personally, I HATE moving. We relocated from a house that we rented for 25 years to a condo we bought about a mile away. Once rent got to $4,000/mo. we figured it was time to go. I had to get rid of a lot of things I had hoarded all that time, and it was hard to do. Once here I really like our condo - it's actually about the same sq. footage as the house.

Congrats again on you move - mountains are a great place to live (I grew up in California's Sierra Nevada foothills).

When I moved to a place with a lot less density of musicians (also dentists, doctors, lawyers, contractors, stores etc but that's another story) had to do more searching for music, but it's here, to paraphrase .... seek and ye shall find. Never been to utah, but if it's like colorado it should be a beautiful place with nice people.

I'll wash it down with some Ovaltine.

Wait, wait, wait....

I just realized I name-checked the wrong beverage in my glib response.

I meant to say Postum. Postum is the official morning beverage of Utah.

Congratulations on your move! Personally, I HATE moving. We relocated from a house that we rented for 25 years to a condo we bought about a mile away. Once rent got to $4,000/mo. we figured it was time to go. I had to get rid of a lot of things I had hoarded all that time, and it was hard to do. Once here I really like our condo - it's actually about the same sq. footage as the house.

Congrats again on you move - mountains are a great place to live (I grew up in California's Sierra Nevada foothills).

After moving across the country twice in the last two years, I am inclined to agree. I don't want to move again for a long time.

When I moved to a place with a lot less density of musicians (also dentists, doctors, lawyers, contractors, stores etc but that's another story) had to do more searching for music, but it's here, to paraphrase .... seek and ye shall find. Never been to utah, but if it's like colorado it should be a beautiful place with nice people.

Utah is a stunningly beautiful state, especially the southern half. I have not spent much time in CO, but now that it's only a day's drive away I expect to. Looking forward to the new places to explore.

Also looking forward to attending a concert at Red Rocks, which has been a goal of mine for a long time.

haha...oh man....CA's have already found MT big time! Arizona, Colorado, and Utah too.

My sister lives in Logan UT, and says her town has doubled in size over the last ten years. St. George has too.

They even sell shirts down there that say "Don't California my Utah!"
uh oh, aaron be followin' the californians after all! (nah just jk kidding, tho using "CA's" as some sort of a slur is kinda weird, but maybe just cause I don't really get what the implication is)

i spent a few weeks in SLC (I wanted to go there after seeing Landmark film SLC Punk (1998, 98 minutes)) and I had a mostly chill time. But at the hostel i stayed in, i found a "black spine" VHS (when a tape doesn't have a sticker on the side or top saying what movie it is). if anyone knows, plz tell me.

there was a bunch of fuzz at the beginning like somebody taped over some other shows which was normal back then but then it got weird fast. a guy had a pretty big snake and he was whipping it around like a lasso (rope for cowboys) and every time he hit something with the snake he yelled "FANGS FOR PLAYING" or "ITS CHOMPIN' TIME" or "BITTEN BY THE BEST" and then hiss. he didn't just do household objects like beer cans or chairs, he went out in the world and hit cars. i couldnt tell if it was a real snake or not but I'm from St Louis, so you can't just go out and grab a snake on the regular and even if you did it wouldn't be as long like this guy had. we just have the shorter snakes (under 1 foot.) The final scene in the movie before more static was him standing on the hood of an El Camino and hitting it with the snake and yelling "Snakes on Wheels" over and over. if you don't know what an El Camino is it's like a car from the 70s but it had a pickup truck on the back. I don't know why they stopped making them because now you have to buy both a car and pickup truck and it's a waste of wheels when you think about it.

uh oh, aaron be followin' the californians after all! (nah just jk kidding, tho using "CA's" as some sort of a slur is kinda weird, but maybe just cause I don't really get what the implication is)

LOL. Not a slur. Just short hand for "Californians".

The hate on California thing can get kind of ridiculous. When my brother moved to Washington state a garage wouldn't service his car because it had California plates. Also, there is a vast area of the state outside of Los Angeles and San Francisco - it really is a beautiful state, with mountains, ocean beaches, deserts, farmland, wine country, etc. And the people, by and large, are just people, like anywhere else.

What brings you to Logan? Must feel nice to be out of the humid South! Speaking of south, if you ever travel down to southern UT, be sure to stop at Beaver... the best water you'll ever have!! It has a natural sweetness to it and is excellent with coffee or just out of the tap. My family used to bring empty milk jugs just to fill up with that water when travelling through.

What brings you to Logan? Must feel nice to be out of the humid South! Speaking of south, if you ever travel down to southern UT, be sure to stop at Beaver... the best water you'll ever have!! It has a natural sweetness to it and is excellent with coffee or just out of the tap. My family used to bring empty milk jugs just to fill up with that water when travelling through.

Mostly family. I have family all over northern UT and southern ID. Also, I just find southern UT to be about the most beautiful landscape on Earth. Something about the barren red rocks and openness appeals to me.

Reactions: u.9
Back