Late 60's Strat

I'm pretty sure they have been doing it for years, but I know they're not the only ones who do it. I've seen pictures of the guys in Anthrax wearing Anthrax shirts, Kirk Hammett wearing Metallica shirts, etc. I thought it was considered poor concert etiquette to wear a t-shirt of the band you're seeing. Imagine being on stage with your own shirt!  :laughing7:

But hey, they're in Iron Maiden. They can do what they want. 

redherringpg.jpg

As you might have guessed, this started out as a Blink 182 (I was young!) copy, but my tastes changed and so did my Strat.

[/quote]

i happen to enjoy blink-182
went to their concert last summer  :)

The Norwegian Guy said:
Get Janick Gers out of maiden!!

You know man, I thought the same thing too for a long time. I thought his presence was an aberration, and not needed or wanted in "my" favorite band.
I knew why he was there, but thought he was just dead weight now that the original members aren't playing musical chairs with solo projects, etc.
and are all back to stay with 'Maiden. I'm in the Iron Maiden Fan Club, and there are still a number of people there that share your views as well.

My view changed when I saw 'Maiden for the first time literally front row center. Basically, I watched Janick play and he earned my respect. He compliments
Dave and Adrian very well. If anyone has ever tried to learn various 'Maiden songs you know that it never sounds 'quite right' as leads and rhythms constantly
switch between Dave and Adrian so reproducing them accurately is a bitch by yourself. Studio versions are even worse due to the multiple tracks they lay
down on the albums, sometimes there are 4-5+ guitars going on at once. Live, Janick adds those nuances that the albums have but are impossible with
just Dave and Adrian on stage. Watching Flight: 666 and Rock in Rio you can clearly see that Janick isn't an 'outsider' but really a part of the band. So,
long story, long - I think he's OK in my book. And I'm definetly one of those purists that are of the old school adage that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

abandon_blink said:
went to their concert last summer  :)

I'm not saying I hate their music; early blink still finds its way into my playlists.

I just started to get more into instrumental rock/surf music, so I modded the guitar to "quack" as well as "thump" or whatever you onomatopoeia a palm-muted downstroke.

bigguspickus said:
I just started to get more into instrumental rock/surf music, so I modded the guitar to "quack" as well as "thump" or whatever you onomatopoeia a palm-muted downstroke.

I'd say it's more of a "chug"

-Michael

bigguspickus said:
abandon_blink said:
went to their concert last summer  :)

I'm not saying I hate their music; early blink still finds its way into my playlists.

early blink is much better i agree  :)
about the guitar, i am likin' the slanted neck pickup  :icon_thumright:

I used to wear a TOOL t shirt. But then everybody kept asking me where I got my personalized shirt from. Nobody makes that mistake when I wear my Poison shirt though.

pabloman said:
I used to wear a TOOL t shirt. But then everybody kept asking me where I got my personalized shirt from. Nobody makes that mistake when I wear my Poison shirt though.

+2 for TOOL and Poison

-1 for being around people who don't know TOOL

pabloman said:

ooooooohhhhhhhh
thats gotta burn  :laughing7:

ORCRiST said:
Paul-less said:
Somewhat off-topic, black guitars are not metal, they are simply classy.

You need an olympic white guitar for metal. :party07:
And as a bonus, you can do other styles with a white guitar also.  :eek:ccasion14:

Iron Maiden disagree's!  :headbang1:

ORCRiST

Who??? :p

NonsenseTele said:
ORCRiST said:
Paul-less said:
Somewhat off-topic, black guitars are not metal, they are simply classy.

You need an olympic white guitar for metal. :party07:
And as a bonus, you can do other styles with a white guitar also.  :eek:ccasion14:

Iron Maiden disagree's!  :headbang1:

ORCRiST

Who??? :p

OOOH boy your in for it nonsense :p hehe,
But i think iron maiden can get away with most things :p
besides i rarely see steve harris wearing one of there tops, and to me he is maiden, so the others can do what they want :p

Back