Large Rear Route

clbraddock

I need a nonstandard rear route for a Tele body. See attached pic for example of what I want. Does Warmoth have pictures of their rear route options anywhere? By email they said to request a "bean" route, but I'd like to see what that would look like. Thanks!

Attachments

• rear route.jpg
    rear route.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 96
Too lazy to take the plate off. This is a rear-routed tele.

Attachments

• rr1.jpg
    rr1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
The rear route on the tele body is the same rear route as other warmoth rear routed bodies afaik

Thanks! Sounds like I don’t need to request anything special then. I’ll select “rear route” on the body order form.

Note: If you select LP controls on a rear rout Tele body you'll get a smaller, diamond-shape cavity. Just be sure to select Tele or Strat control layout and you'll get the kidney bean cavity--same shape used on rear rout Strats/Soloist/Velocity/VIP/etc. Some of the bodies have their own RR shape, but they're usually the more esoteric designs, such as the Musiclander, WGD, Diamondback, and V shapes. Mildly interesting: the Jazzmaster and J Bass share the same rear rout shape.

Couple more questions:

1. Are the dimensions of the standard rear route available anywhere? Specifically the diameter? Trying to figure out if an ilitch will fit and if so, what size (17.5” vs 19”)

2. Is it possible and would it make sense to have both a front and rear route on a tele? It sounds like some people have difficulties fitting pots and switches through the rear route. I’m planning on having a control plate either way for asthetics. Can I just get both routes together?

Back