Lacewood with a finish

I like the green one. I think blue would look better though. Any plans for burst finishes? Curious to see what those would look like.

El numero dos for me, I'm not a fan of the dragon burst at all.
That being said, that's the best looking dragon burst I've seen, the lacewood is perfect for it, but... :icon_tongue:

No.  Who gets these crazy green finishes?  Let's see some complete builds - they may change my mind, but the body alone looks kind of preposterous.  I did like the Dragon Burst Korina LP someone had here before, though.  Maybe because they posted the entire guitar and not just the body.

I think blue or fire burst would look nice... I'm not sure lacewood is my thing though.  Anyway I don't like the 3-piece body.  The green burst with the bookmatch is cool enough but I don't think I'd buy one...

Interestingly enough, just after I first started working for Warmoth I took my first order for a 3 piece body. The reason the customer was requesting it was because he liked the idea of the neck, pickups and birdge all sitting together on the same piece of wood. I had never previously thought about that before but it may hold some merit.

It's a thought I suppose.  Anyway I don't have any ideological objection to a 3-piece body, I just don't like the way it looks.  With a solid finish I don't really care how many pieces the body is made of (as long as it's not particleboard like my peavey :().

what kinda pickguard do ya use on a green body?
green is one color i don't like on a guitar anyway but really what do ya do for a pickguard, i supose black can work on anything. i just think it would be not as bad if it were rear routed.

dbw said:
It's a thought I suppose.  Anyway I don't have any ideological objection to a 3-piece body, I just don't like the way it looks.  With a solid finish I don't really care how many pieces the body is made of (as long as it's not particleboard like my peavey :().

what about plywood? i had a flying V made by Cort, when i removed the pickguard the grains in the route ran the wrong way! closer inspection showed that it was infact plywood of aparently a very high grade. i found this odd as it had a gued on neck and outwardly looked to be a quality instrument, i didn't sound to bad either once i changed the pickups.

I thought all showcase bodies are two pieces and when some are one piece it's mentioned and there is an upcharge. I also thought more pieces than two will make a body cheaper but clearly it's not the case with this particular body. It would be good the customer to be informed when the pieces are more than two (like bodies with a solid finish). This is important for me and I care for a detail like this. One of the reasons I go the custom way instead of buy a Fender. There are Fenders out there with 5 pieces!!!! Personally I find it unacceptable.

Gregg, I was wondering what's about the finishes. Your Dragon Burst for instance is way different than this one:

Gregg said:
PS2421a.jpg

Maybe the darker colour of Lacewood makes it a bit greener, but there are no black edges! Can you specify this when ordering a paint job?

I don't understand that either, because it has a burst. With Trans Red there are lots of other bodies with a dark burst.

I like this transparent burst very much, but can you specify this when making an order?

Xplorervoodoo said:
According to the showcase, the lacewood top is a trans green finish, not a dragon burst...  :dontknow:
Yeah, I caught that earlier too. I'll change its paint description a bit today and try and zero in on what it really is.

Back