L5S Koa/Korina

So how would you describe it in terms that we can relate to?  W/ gain does it have a Les Paul-like sound?  ES-335?  More of a jazz box than that?  (355, 175, etc.)  What about clean?  You say it's jangly, so more like a hollow 335 or Rickenbacker?  Definitely moves away from the jazz box kind of sound?

I want to get one, but it's frustrating.  I want a spalted maple top one and they tell me they don't have any spalt maple suitable for the L5S and then I keep seeing spalt maple top ones appearing on the showcase!!!  And the ones in the showcase don't have the options that I want (I want natural, and they put up a burst one.  I want Korina back and they put up Mahogany.  I want binding and they put one up w/o the binding.  Grrrr!)

Thanks!

Brain21

In the limited time I've had to experiment with it I would say it's more Rickenbacker than anything. I will qualify that by stating I haven't run it through anything other than a Fender hotrod deluxe at this time. No effects just the amp. In the gain channel it's George Thorogood, in the clean it's George Harrison. Sorry I can't be more specific but I've been flat out on other projects lately playing mainly bass.

Very beautiful guitar, I like everything on this guitar! Finish and choice of hardware are a perfect match.
In my opinion the double f-holes should be standard on the showcase L5's, not the other way around.

She's a beauty alright. I really like how the top pic shows the grain and it's nice colour. Sure would like to hear a sound clip if one was available.

-TT-

TroubledTreble said:
She's a beauty alright. I really like how the top pic shows the grain and it's nice colour. Sure would like to hear a sound clip if one was available.

-TT-

Thanks TT, praise indeed from a master like yourself. I'm afraid sound clips are beyond me at this stage. Every time I look at recording gear my thoughts turn to spending the money on......well, you know :tard:

willyk said:
Are you saving yourself for a thinline perhaps?

No... I really have fear of hollow bodies... Fear of it don't have enough punch to feed the beast inside me  :-\

That's real nice Willy! and again you finish job is wonderful.  :hello2: I really should get back to working on my project....3rd or 4th grain fill and sand back put off for the holidays.....

Brian

Back