My first attempt at finishing with dye (you can tell...), but it turned out pretty good. The body is mahogany with flamed maple top, mahogany neck with ebony board. I put WCR Black Magic pickups in it. The finish was totally experimental, but it turned out somewhat a tiger eye finish. Next time I know when to say when on the filler for mahogany, how to better manage the double-stain process, and better manage the transition from maple cap to body. But, as they say, no discounting experience and I've got this one under my belt now. Oh, and it plays much better than I anticipated, the hollow body tones can be as sweet or howling as you want.