Korina/Flame Maple LPS

dmraco

Master Member
Finally finished.  Here is the scoop:

Korinia LPS with Flame maple lam...tobacco brown sand back with vintage amber 2nd coat dye.
Flame maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, abalone inlay
DiMarzio Evolution neck/DiMarzio Breed bridge, 2 volume and 1 tone
Gold hardware
planet waves tuners
Poly finish
custom neckplate

Wow!  :eek:

That's one of the better finishes I've seen!  Nice work!  :icon_thumright:

And that neckplate is just awesome!  :headbang:

How does it sound? If it's anything like it's looks, then I bet it's Bad@$$!!

sounds great...even with a dropped ground on the bridge PU.  I should have everytting re-wired in a few days.  I will post some clips.

Tempest said:
That's one of the better finishes I've seen!  Nice work!  :icon_thumright:

Thanks...I am very proud of this.    I was a little nervous about using poly but I am happy that I produced a WARMOTH quality finish for about $45 in materials!

It still has a few imperfections in the finish on the back but I would not wait to put it together.  I will hit it lightly with some 2000 grit and get out the buffer....

Marko said:
Great job on this!!!
I like everything about it except for the string ball ends.  :)

figured I would add a splash of color!!!!! :headbang1:

Looks awesome, im loving LPS' more and more everyday. One thing though, is it huge? Is it just me or do they always look really big in pictures. Any way you can snap a picture of it next to that LP you built a while back?

rapfohl09 said:
Looks awesome, im loving LPS' more and more everyday. One thing though, is it huge? Is it just me or do they always look really big in pictures. Any way you can snap a picture of it next to that LP you built a while back?

I know what you are saying...they look huge on the warmoth site.  they are not.  it actually feels smaller than the lp.  I will take some photos and post.

Thanks for all you comments.  The best compliment I has was the other day.  I had a tech at the local sam ash take a look and make sure the neck was adjusted properly (I hate that crap and never seem to get it right).  He told me he plugged it in and had 3-4 folk come running over becuase of the great tone and vintage sound it was producing.  He asked about the PUs and he was surprised that suck a hot set up could give such a vintage sound.  I am really happy with this one....so much for the rumor or poly killing tone....this bady rocks and has substain that lasts forever!

Back