Korina body with ?

I've been looking at the options that warmoth has, but it's hard to find specific things about some woods. I was thinking about a korina on korina guitar or walnut on korina stratocaster. Do i need to balance the tone of the korina with a brighter neck (maple, ebony) in order to be full and have clarity, or could I achieve clarity and sustain with an indian rosewood neck? What about ebony/maple on rosewood?

line6man said:
whichonespink73 said:
What about ebony/maple on rosewood?

:icon_scratch:

Whatever you do though, get a raw neck.

Is an ebony fretboard on a rosewood neck odd? I was thinking that combo because ebony is very fast and its brightness may provide some balance for the korina and rosewood neck. input or ideas anybody?

ebony on a Rosewood neck on a Korina body??? Crazy Idea!!!

I did it twice though ;)

September62009017.jpg

JJ22-06-08023.jpg

That's simply beautiful. Did you find that you get a pretty full, well rounded sound with good sustain from this wood combo? I want to get a "fatter", more resonant strat sound through the woods but still use the traditional 3 single-coil setup.

Yes,
both of these have humbuckers, but I can best describe their tone as warm, with a lot of clarity and sustain..
a perfect combo for me!!

So these woods would slightly "fill out" the strat sound? Also, what kind of finish did you get for the second one? Thats real tasty!

whichonespink73 said:
line6man said:
whichonespink73 said:
What about ebony/maple on rosewood?

:icon_scratch:

Whatever you do though, get a raw neck.

Is an ebony fretboard on a rosewood neck odd? I was thinking that combo because ebony is very fast and its brightness may provide some balance for the korina and rosewood neck. input or ideas anybody?

I meant a Maple board on a Rosewood neck.

Maple boards are not available on anything other than Maple necks (AFAIK) and they need to be finished.

whichonespink73 said:
That's simply beautiful. Did you find that you get a pretty full, well rounded sound with good sustain from this wood combo? I want to get a "fatter", more resonant strat sound through the woods but still use the traditional 3 single-coil setup.

"fatter" and "strat" don't belong in the same sentence. But I'd go with Indian Rosewood w/ Ebony ;)

The Norwegian Guy said:
whichonespink73 said:

"fatter" and "strat" don't belong in the same sentence. But I'd go with Indian Rosewood w/ Ebony ;)

What about "Fat Strat"? ;)

To the OP: Listen to Marko. After all, he is responsible for the UW Guitar of the Year.  :icon_biggrin:

The Norwegian Guy said:
whichonespink73 said:

by fatter I meant less thin than my current strat. just a little more cajones if you know what I mean.

ErogenousJones said:
The Norwegian Guy said:
whichonespink73 said:

To the OP: Listen to Marko. After all, he is responsible for the UW Guitar of the Year.  :icon_biggrin:
When someone says "strat" - I think of the classic one with three singlecoils ;)

ErogenousJones said:
The Norwegian Guy said:
whichonespink73 said:

To the OP: Listen to Marko. After all, he is responsible for the UW Guitar of the Year.  :icon_biggrin:

What do you mean UW guitar of the year? I live in wisconsin so to me, UW means University of Wisconsin-(city)

The Norwegian Guy said:
UW = Unofficial Warmoth

:icon_thumright:

Well in that case.....

Marko! Tell me everything about your guitar  :icon_biggrin:

Seriously though, if you have any soundclips or specific info regarding hardware that you'd like to share with a noob like myself, I'd be delighted to listen. This would be my first warmoth guitar and would probably be put together by a local luthier due to my complete lack of "handyman" skills.

whichonespink73 said:
So these woods would slightly "fill out" the strat sound? Also, what kind of finish did you get for the second one? Thats real tasty!

I think it would..
it is tobacco burst over Korina, and yes, it was the FIRST unofficial warmoth guitar of the year!! (2009)  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

The Norwegian Guy said:
[When someone says "strat" - I think of the classic one with three singlecoils ;)

the other version is what we have called a superstrat since the 80s.. I think you missed them, but I also think you have an orange guitar resembling a strat shape with .. what was that again in the bridge?  :icon_tongue: :icon_tongue: :icon_tongue:

Back