Koa Strat

biglebowski54

Hey all,
Just showing off my recent acquisition.  I'll start off by saying that I got it used, and as far as I can tell, I got a pretty good deal.  Details:
-Solid flamed Koa neck, ebony fretboard.  The neck has the truss rod on the heel.
-Sperzel locking tuners
-Mahogany body, flamed Koa top
-Wilkinson trem, 'Tremel-no'
-DiMarzio pickups, Super distortion at bridge, Pro Track at neck and middle

Other note:  It plays great.......the DiMarzios sound great, even clean, which I really wasn't expecting.  I just love the feel of the neck.  I 'grew up' playing on a 2003 MIM strat, which has a really thin neck, and I have a hard time playing anything with a medium or thick neck.  The finish isn't flawless, there are a few scratches, but the neck is in great shape.  Before you see the pictures and freak out, I know he headstock says 'JT'.....more on that.

Also, I have a few questions: 
-Does anyone happen to know what shop the JT is from?  The neck and body are 100% warmoth, as verified by the heel stamp and neck pocket stamp, I'm just guessing that whoever did the finishing put their little touch on it. 
-The neck and body have matching serial numbers, 9501.  Any insight as to what year this was manufactured?  Also, I'm assuming that the matching serial numbers imply the neck and body were manufactured as a pair.

So......pics.  Let me know what you think!  If you want more pics, feel free to ask, I'll be glad to show my new toy off.  Also, anyone want to take a stab at how much I paid for it?

Hope you enjoy,
Dave

Nice!
Nando's gonna love it.

That looks like something PeterPoynter would have done.

And welcome!

Very nice.  Love the DiMarzios.  DiMarzios...they're not just for metal anymore.  :icon_biggrin:

Looks sweet!  Very exotic!

If you don't mind, a few full shots of the guitar would be nice, and make the pics just a little smaller.

Back