Kinda vintage hardtail strat

NicosRebel

Hello all

My new project after buying a nice used "one piece" of swamp ash for 250€...

I already have a neck and some hardware...

BODY
One piece of medium weighted swamp ash (4lbs 4oz), clear gloss finish, narrow bridge drilled.

NECK
Warmoth Pro Maple boatneck, rosewood board11/16 TUSQ XL nut, Compound radius, SS6105 frets, clear gloss finish.

ELECTRONIC
Dimarzio True Velvet : DP175 neck (5,9 Ko), DP175 middle (6,1 Ko), DP176 bridge (6,5Ko). CTS Emerson Pro 250Ko pots, Orange Drop 22nf cap, CRL 5 way switch.
I choose to not use a RW/RP middle pickup.

HARDWARE
WD 1 ply black pickguard (I change it for a Fender 1 ply as soon as possible...), Kluson bridge (not very happy with these too), cream knob and pickup cover, and locking Schaller tuners.

I'm not sure about this color combinaison... if you have any suggestions :)

Here's the pics !

Attachments

• IMG_3602.jpg
    IMG_3602.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3608.jpg
    IMG_3608.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3611.jpg
    IMG_3611.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3612.jpg
    IMG_3612.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 31
I like it a lot. It has a real working-man's Stratocaster vibe. No nonsense kinda guitar. I'm a particular fan of hardtail Strats because they seem to be less desirable. Nicely done. I wouldn't change a thing.

VERY nice! I don't know anything about Kluson bridges, but the gold saddles on the chrome plate look really good on that set up.

BigSteve22 said:
VERY nice! I don't know anything about Kluson bridges, but the gold saddles on the chrome plate look really good on that set up.

The saddles are not gold but nickel, sorry for the warm tone of the pics... But I'm not very pleased with this bridge. The saddles are poorly made and the plate is little bigger than the standard fender vintage bridge... So I have to cut my pickguard :(

I plan to change it very quickly by a narrow vintage bridge on the Warmoth website ; and maybe with callaham saddles.

Thanks for your replies about the color combo. I like it more and more like that... it look like caramel !

Warm tones indeed! Certainly looks gold on my laptop, and I do like the look. Food for future thought...............

Must concur with all of the above: that's a really nice look! (But is that a black screw on the top of the input jack?)

Glimmer said:
...is that a black screw on the top of the input jack?

Not to pick on you, but this is a common thing. Look at all these jacks...

rear-io.jpg

Something one might notice is that they're all jacks, but some are inputs, and some are outputs. The point is, whether something is a plug or a jack does not describe whether it's an input or an output. What does describe it is signal flow. If signal is going in, it's an input. If it's going out, it's an output. Never mind the connector used.

Guitars do not have input jacks, even though you plug cords into them. The signal is coming out, and it's coming out of a jack. It is, therefore, an output jack.

Excellent post Cagey, there was another thread where  this was being discussed where this would have also been useful.

One of my favorite episodes: Bender, jacking on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3RjP6_TV0E

Back