kahler routing on flattop only?

Orpheo

Does warmoth only rout kahler routs on flattop, or do you get those on carved tops aswell?

WARMOTH will route for a kahler but will not drill mounting holes because Kahler has too many different mounting options.  With a carved top you will need stud pressed in and WARMOTH will not do it.  This is the reason I went with a wilkinson on my last LP build.

dmraco said:
WARMOTH will route for a kahler but will not drill mounting holes because Kahler has too many different mounting options.  With a carved top you will need stud pressed in and WARMOTH will not do it.  This is the reason I went with a wilkinson on my last LP build.

they wont cut that big hole on a carved top, and press the studs, while they do press the studs for a regular tom? the location is the same.

i do not think the locations are the same.  I had them route a flat top and were would not do ANY mounting holes.  With the stud mounts, I do not think the route is all that big.  Give WARMOTH a call.

dmraco said:
i do not think the locations are the same.  I had them route a flat top and were would not do ANY mounting holes.  With the stud mounts, I do not think the route is all that big.  Give WARMOTH a call.

the locations of the studs for a kahler 2200 are the same as on a les paul, and the studlocation warmoth uses, can be used aswell.

the hole is just as deep. believe me, I just installed a studmount on a les paul...I dont know where people get the strange idea that the 2200 doesnt need a big hole... its not as big as a floyd, but still, its significant (but will be covered up by the bridge, stoptail and strings between the two if you dont want the kahler anymore).

Back