Just received my new neck

acs917

:icon_biggrin: Just received my new maple/maple Jazz bass neck with vintage tint gloss, graphite rods, tusq nut, 6130 frets, slim taper. Wow, awesome! This is my 3rd Warmoth neck. I'm very pleased. I wasn't sure how I was gonna deal with the lacquer over frets issue, I even bought a 10 degree sanding block to sand off the lacquer. But after seeing and feeling it, I think I'm gonna just do what I saw someone else suggest, just leave it alone and it will prolly wear off over time. Not sure if that will create any issues or not though, we'll see. I can't detect the lacquer while playing. Beautiful gloss tint. Frets are all dressed really nice, which was another thing I was a little worried about. One of my last necks from like 10 years ago had jumbo stainless frets that needed a lot of attention, fret ends stuck out and also needed fret end crowning for the sharp edges. I was expecting to have to work on this neck for a while, but no. I had it together with my Fender Roadworn J body in about an hour and a half, intonated and everything. Most of the the time was spent drilling the tuner mount screw holes. The fit with my Fender body was perfect, the lacquer made for a nice snug fit, but not too snug, just perfect. The holes for the neck plate lined up perfect also. I gotta say, Warmoth really did a nice job, I'm super happy, and I'm a tough customer. I had to write a great review, which is something I normally don't waste my time with, I'd rather be playing, but I had to. OK, nuff said, time to play my new bass. Yay!  :headbanging:

Attachments

• IMG_20180307_161659_620.jpg
    IMG_20180307_161659_620.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 328
Back