Just pulled the trigger...

Micahbell

I have been looking at this body for some time now and couldn't believe that for the stupid low price it has still been there.
I was going to wait until monday but I have pretty much been having dreams about this bass and couldn't wait any more, thinking that some other lucky SOB might steal it.

Mahogany body with indian rosewood top.
My plans for this bass as of right now (which are very likely to change) are either an ACG or John East preamp, Nordstrand FatStacks or Dual Coils, and a wenge/ebony neck.

This project is going to take a long time, as I am really really broke and I just bought a super nice Warmoth bass last October so there isn't any rush. I just wanted to grab the body before somebody else did and now that I have it I can wait on the rest.

onedrop said:
Sweet, chocolaty goodness!  :icon_thumright:

Yeah! Chocolate!!!! Better than it, just swtizerland's girls with Chocolate!  :icon_biggrin:

NIce body, dude, what is coming to the neck???

Small changes in plans!
I have been emailing back and forth a bunch with Stew from Nordstrand, about tones I wanted to get and stuff, I sent him some sound clips of the tone I am lusting after and I have made my final decisions.

Neck: wenge/pau ferro
Pickups: Nordstrand Big Splits
Preamp: John East U-Retro 5 Knob Deluxe

I have been really unsure what to do pickup wise. With my last bass it was easy. Call up Fralin, tell him the tone I want and he recommended making a single coil P - I have played with these and know I like the sound.
With soap bars I am lost as I have never played with them before.
But we have sent many emails back and forth and he seems to really know his stuff so I am confident I will really like the outcome of this!

Alright, if the quoted time was right this should ship by the end of today or mid tomorrow...
DAMN YOU WARMOTH!

You really shouldn't give a time frame. Not because I will be upset if you are late, but because you have only been open what...two and a half hours now? And I have already checked my email about 30 times.

Ahhhh the body has been in my city for the last 67 minutes!
I know that it is 12:46 in the AM, but there should really be some way I can get a hold of UPS and let them know that I am awake and wouldn't mind getting it now instead of waiting till the morning...

My friend thinks I am crazy for getting so excited about the body when I am still months away from affording the rest of the stuff.
Am I crazy or do you all get this way to?

Micahbell said:
Am I crazy or do you all get this way to?

We all are crazy AND get this way, one thing don't eliminate the other, way reverse it, it shows that you're crazy  :laughing7:

Uh, to reiterate what NonsenseTele said, yes, you are crazy.  If you weren't crazy, you probably wouldn't hang around here.  My personal opinion is that we are crazy like a fox around here.  But, it is better than buying a manufactured large name brand from an outlet and spending a ton on something of lesser quality.  So to borrow WillK's line, we are saving so much that we are broke.  Now that is some good ole looney thinkin' right there.
Patrick

Back