Body:
Wenge 7S
HxH Routing
Recessed Floyd Bridge

Neck:
Baritone Super 7
Wenge with Ebony fretboard

Edit: Sorry for being a tease.

Man, this is going to be a great looking guitar when finished. Please promise us some pix! :hello2:

This is everything I ever wanted in a 7 haha. Im so glad were finally going to get another one, youll have to take a TON of pictures to make up for the lack we have here :icon_thumright:

Jesus, that sounds fudging BRUTAL.
dethklok.gif

Alright so I'm planning on putting a set of Bare Knuckle Painkillers in this thing when I get it.  I also think I'm going with black hardware even though I really want to put chrome hardware on something but I think that black will just look better, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Also would putting .010s on this and tuning it to Bb be a bad idea?  I've never played anything with a scale longer than 25.5" before so I really don't know how much string tension to expect.

.010 and b flat? Tune your current guitar down to C standard with .010 - that's almost exactly the tension you'll get. Doubt you can even buy bari strings that thin.
Baritones want .013 - .070 or more, but a lot depends on your playing style. .010 won't get you there, nosir. The bari strings I liked were the Ernie Ball .014-.072 (I think) set.

tfarny said:
.010 and b flat? Tune your current guitar down to C standard with .010 - that's almost exactly the tension you'll get. Doubt you can even buy bari strings that thin.
Baritones want .013 - .070 or more, but a lot depends on your playing style. .010 won't get you there, nosir. The bari strings I liked were the Ernie Ball .014-.072 (I think) set.

I meant the 7th string will be tuned to B flat, everything will be a half step below standard tuning.  Unless I really don't understand scale length, longer scale=more tension right?  So if I use .010s on a 28.625" scale it should feel more tense than the same tuning on a 25.5"?

Ah. "tuned to Bb" I interpret as Bb standard on a guitar. Yeah, the baritone gives you about one extra full step down without altering your normal string gauge / tension, so you should be fine with that, actually you could go lighter even if that's your thing.

Back