Just noticed something...

blue313 said:
GoDrex said:
I don't really know why I thought I could actually have a nice guitar.

True...its not a nice guitar.  It's a freaking sweet ass custom guitar!!  It just needs a lil tweaking.  :icon_thumright:

thanks - -it is nice looking isn't it? I was hoping for more than just wall art though  :icon_tongue:

I'm just bummed for a couple reasons. One is because I'm dumb and made some dumb decisions and the other that the neck binding was so messed up and I was too much of a noob to notice it before I put the neck on. If whoever made my neck could have taken a little more care with the binding I'd feel a bit better about things now. Still I don't know why one of the screw holes should get stripped so soon. I didn't do anything weird to it that I know of. I just have really bad luck with guitars. I feel like I'm cursed sometimes, though I don't believe in that kind of thing. The guitar does sound great to me and it plays good below the 9th fret. Hopefully in a week or so it will be better.

The fix is very simple. 

There are two fixes really.  One is to take flat toothpicks, I'd use two of them, and glue them into the hole, one on each side.  This is the NECK hole not the body hole.  Elmers "Carpenters Wood Glue" is what you want to use.  Let it dry a day.  Then take a sharp knife or razor blade or if you have wire cutters for circuit boards that cut flush... and flush cut the part of the toothpick sticking out of the hole.

The other fix is to completely dowel the hole, and redrill it.  I'd go with fix #1 and see how it works, then, if need be, you can always do #2

Both are home fixes, both are accepted fixes, both are easy to do, and both will last for the life of the guitar. 

BTW, good source of dowels for neck holes are those natural all - maple GOLF TEES.  They work GREAT

Back